• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

One, eight four four, five hundred, forty-two forty-two, when he starts getting tired he says one, eight four four, five hundred, forty-four forty-four................

Was anyone "filling in for Sandy Shack"?

No, it was a "best of"......and I purposely listened til mcscreamer came on to see if she was live or "best of" and she was live so I don't know what's going on with "Sandy". Howie had a fill in - Dr. Peter Q. Warinner - "the official doctor of the Howie Carr show"........:rolleyes:

"Sandy" Shack is a no show........

well.... it *is* a "holiday"....

if she's not in tomorrow, I doubt she'll be back before they shut down the transmitter on the 2nd (assuming that's what is going to happen like the rumors claim :) )

if she's not in tomorrow, I doubt she'll be back before they shut down the transmitter on the 2nd (assuming that's what is going to happen like the rumors claim :) )

Is anyone reading the Daily Digest these days? First one to post the STA filing gets bonus points !

I hope she's back today, she's the only one worth listening to.....I only half listen to the "children" in the morning but...a few weeks back they said they would be at F1 Braintree this Thursday, June 1 and claimed it wasn't a good bye broadcast....I'm pretty sure they said yesterday or perhaps it was Friday that the date is now June 15th - they mentioned this morning that they will be doing an "after hours show" on line somewhere, the earliest would be next week where listeners can ask any questions about anything going on at WMEX and they will answer truthfully. "Metal head Nick" hasn't been on air since last week some time, apparently he's been fired ?? yet they continue to air replays of him ?? - this is mcscreamer's last week at WMEX, wooooot wooooot! :) :)

I hope she's back today, she's the only one worth listening to....

Agreed, although when Shortsleeve was there he was someone I could listen too, especially if Barry Armstrong was shilling something down on 680.

"Sandy" has always taken the high road, she never that In know of lowered herself to the level of her previous employer on air.

IMHO she rarely, if ever made it personal when arguing a point.

Even during the Finneran incident at Entercom she was always professional.

If she goes, I hope she turns up somewhere else.

Agreed, although when Shortsleeve was there he was someone I could listen too, especially if Barry Armstrong was shilling something down on 680.

"Sandy" has always taken the high road, she never that In know of lowered herself to the level of her previous employer on air.

IMHO she rarely, if ever made it personal when arguing a point.

Even during the Finneran incident at Entercom she was always professional.

If she goes, I hope she turns up somewhere else.

Word is she is back today. I like her for the reasons you mentioned AND because she actually does show prep, (unlike the clown on RKO from noon to three) AND she's a lawyer so she knows of what she speaks (unlike the clown on RKO from noon to three!) AND if "Sandy" doesn't know, she admits it (unlike the clown on RKO from noon to three) and will not make it up as she goes along (clown on RKO makes it up for the "drama" effect)

Word is she is back today. I like her for the reasons you mentioned AND because she actually does show prep, (unlike the clown on RKO from noon to three) AND she's a lawyer so she knows of what she speaks (unlike the clown on RKO from noon to three!) AND if "Sandy" doesn't know, she admits it (unlike the clown on RKO from noon to three) and will not make it up as she goes along (clown on RKO makes it up for the "drama" effect)

but...but...but... "Trump's people 'listen' to the show"

"Sandy" had to have some kind of surgery.

Didn't she just have "The Sleeve" like Howie did?

You should make it a point to call in this week and say goodbye. Might be your last chance before they turn off the transmitter friday :)

Didn't she just have "The Sleeve" like Howie did?

You should make it a point to call in this week and say goodbye. Might be your last chance before they turn off the transmitter friday :)

Hmmmm, not sure what surgery she had, she was out all last week and yesterday, what is the recovery period for that type of surgery? IIRC it's been over a year since Howie had his....I don't recall how long he was out of work.

Actually she just addressed that issue....she said not to stop listening after June 2, because they will still be there! mcscreamer OTOH WILL NOT be there! Woooooot! Wooooot! Her last day is Friday! Woooot! Wooooot! :) :) Not sure what they will do about that, I'm guessing they'll revert to Savage live til 6 then Constantine from 6 - 10 then probably a repeat of Savage.

Last edited:
"Sandy" and Renegade Radio are denying that after June 2 they will be off the air...."Sandy" is off today, follow up doctor's appt for her surgery from last week....AND.....Renegade says mcscreamer is off today as well.....mcscreamer is done as of this Friday....YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEE! I never intentionally listened to her...there were times when I got into the car and turned the radio on and there she was, only because I was in the vehicle earlier listening to WMEX.....she makes my ears bleed!

I was in the car at Noon... went to 1510, a repeat of something from 2 weeks ago and it sounded just like the show they ran either yesterday or sometime late last week when I tuned in.

...... the Titanic had a band .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom