• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

They can be heard on line. They rented their old Marina Bay studio. I listened the first day after WMEX shutdown, haven't listened since. Nothing changed, I was hoping they would some how improve over the weekend after WMEX went off air, LOL, too much to ask for I know.....I should add I >>think<< they can still be heard on line, who knows maybe some station snatched up such magnificent talent and they are now carrying on somewhere else!

I'm hoping "Sandy" Shack pops up somewhere, I did enjoy her show, she did a hell of a lot of show prep and came across as intelligent and articulate, unlike "certain" other hosts (koooona RKO)!

You can always listen to the podcasts at: http://1510wmex.com/shows__trashed/renegade-radio/

Although, I think I'd rather be forced to listen to Dave Ramsey for 24 hours straight than listen to those two.

No word from Sandy huh? I figured she'd show up guest hosting on Howie's show, given how much time he seems to take off these days (every Monday and Friday it seems)

Total Traffic and the rest of the Boston/NH IHrt news product are in the old KISS108 building at Wellington Station.... not to be confused with 10 Cabot Rd where the IHrt Boston cluster is.

Have you noticed that Lori is no longer on WBZ AM doing traffic as of 4/1 when CBS went to a new provider?

Lori, when she was on WKLB was not a Greater Media employee, but leased from IHrt/CCME.

Some of the IHrt people did jump ship to the new company, IIRC Rob Hackala is still doing traffic in some capacity ( in addition to his morning drive duties at WATD FM) Kristen Eck is still on 1030, and a couple of others.

Re Lori: she was doing more than just traffic on WBZ; on weekends - for a VERY brief interval just before her new assignment doing news on WRKO - she was a morning news anchor. I thought she was a Greater Media employee while she was on morning drive on WKLB, but, full disclosure, I never listen to WKLB.

Yes, Rob Hackala, Kristen Eck, and Nicole Davis all migrated over to the new service and are heard on 'BZ. I do miss Mike King, who stayed with TTN and is now heard on 'RKO doing afternoon traffic.

Question: are Tina Gao, Charlie Sherman, and some of the other weekend anchors on 'BZ CBS employees, or do they, too, work for Radius or TTN?

Just curious: anyone care to speculate if the CBS O&O's revert to TTN once Entercom enters the picture?

Letʼs not forget “HAY-ver-hill”!

The best ever (to my mind) was in the early 80s when COZ was going through its format nightmare period and a new morning team was brought in from out of town. They described someone as being so distraught that they went to the middle of the Mystic-Tobin bridge....and "jumped right into the Tobin River."

If there's anyone here who has been distraught over not hearing the "math moron" SCREAMING BANSHEE....I have good news for you....she can be heard EVERY Sunday morning from 8 to 9 on WRKO, she's hosting the Power Trading Show (On Line Trading Academy)

From her perspective, it has to be a step up from where she was.

Steve Miller who did overnight weekend traffic on BZ for years in addition to a Sunday shift on the RI Country station and drives a school bus during the week, did not move over to Radius. I do not believe he is still at Total Traffic. Jack Heart who did or still runs a Trolley/Duck Boat tour operation during the week, is back doing BZ overnight weekend traffic. He has a great voice but drives me crazy by starting every roadway report with we. We are in good shape on RT 93, we have construction on the Mass Pike. We have no delays on the Tobin Bridge. It also drives me crazy that BZ goes into every break during the overnights with the traffic promo and that annoying female voice saying phone force.

Matt Fitzgerald who did afternoon traffic on Ch. 7 and Bloomberg is leaving TT this week for the Ch. 7 assignment desk.

My favorite on air gaffe is when new reporter at Ch.6 in New Bedford/Providence starting his live stand up by saying "Here in the Portuguese section of Fall River".

Last edited:
I forget who it was, but once upon a time there was a new, blonde, female anchor on one of the local newscasts. Unfortunately (for her) on her first day there were breaking news stories in all three of Scituate, Gloucester, and Worcester (Skit you ate, Glow chester, and Wore Chester). It could have been worse, with additional stories from Woe Burn and Have er Hill.

I forget who it was, but once upon a time there was a new, blonde, female anchor on one of the local newscasts. Unfortunately (for her) on her first day there were breaking news stories in all three of Scituate, Gloucester, and Worcester (Skit you ate, Glow chester, and Wore Chester). It could have been worse, with additional stories from Woe Burn and Have er Hill.

Don't forget Stuff-ton -- It's between Sharon and Brockton -- which I heard uttered on the Channel 2 Auction many years ago.

Was told tonight by someone that I trust that the Boston Herald and Eddie Andelman are close to a deal on putting 1510 back on the air using the existing transmitter location.

Stay tuned

Good news,
Can't wait until Boston biggest "Shlockmiester" Brothers are back on the air with Phantom Gourmet Show.
Funny Stuff, Great Bits, My Favorite:
Impersonation of Legal Seafoods guy spot with him chopping the head off an eagle and deep frying it for Thanksgiving!

My favorite Phantom Gourmet spot was this segment where they punked some dude claiming they were hosting a mushroom lovers show.

I was shingling at the time... and was laughing so hard I almost fell off the roof.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom