• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

One Spot An Hour

Somehow I doubt we ever will. How often after interviews like this are the results of their pronouncements made public by the station or group? If poor results, the answer is usually never.
The answer, if the results are poor, comes when a poster from Fresno reports on this board that the stations are running more than five spots an hour, or if/when OnePutt files for bankruptcy or puts the stations up for sale.

The answer, if the results are poor, comes when a poster from Fresno reports on this board that the stations are running more than five spots an hour, or if/when OnePutt files for bankruptcy or puts the stations up for sale.
Actually, that's a great idea. We need to recruit some radio nerd spies on assignment from this site that actually live in Fresno to report back on how many units his stations are running.

How often after interviews like this are the results of their pronouncements made public by the station or group? If poor results, the answer is usually never.

My take is that interviews like this are for attention, not for facts. We don't really know what he's saying is true. He says he can make it on 5 spots an hour. Maybe that's all he can sell. From my perspective, if I doubled my rates to cut spotload, most of my advertisers would leave. They don't care how many spots I run. All they care about is how much they're paying. Right now, it's not a good idea to increase rates. Everyone is looking to cut costs, including advertisers.

Actually, that's a great idea. We need to recruit some radio nerd spies on assignment from this site that actually live in Fresno to report back on how many units his stations are running.
There's a Central California board under U.S. Radio by State>California where a decent amount of the conversation is Fresno. I'll link to this discussion there.

Last edited:
It would be an unusual approach, but One Putt doesn't subscribe to Nielsen Audio ratings, so there's no metric by which to say which station is worth more.

Here's the advertising page for One Putt's stations. It includes audio samples of the production they do for local clients and bios of their sales guys.

Again, we'll see if this works over the long haul, but Fresno has some built-in advantages. It's not a major or even large market where every business of any size with any interest in advertising is with an agency. But it's large enough to have a fair number of privately-owned local or regional businesses of some scale with money for marketing.

The cluster is a Classic Rock, a Classic Hits, a "New Rock", a Country and and Oldies AM. So a chunk of the target audience are still radio users.
And the Classic and New Rock stations still run a normal clock and the usual number of spots, he's not messing with the two cash cows that have done well in this market for years.

Back
Top Bottom