• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Movies! And Catchy Comedy off WWOO?

Yes, there have been many delays. Movies! is indeed active. Speculation that the inability to get the required equipment may well have been the cause.
And Catchy Comedy finally also started on KDKD-TV Pittsburgh on ch 2.5 last week. KDKA-TV, like WBZ-TV is a CBS O&O and carries the same subchannels as WBZ-TV.

WVCC is now running a crawl, that as of Wednesday, AntennaTV and NewsNet will only be seen there, since WWOO will be beginning their experimental 5G-only broadcasting.
WVCC is still carrying NewsNet and AntennaTV, and this week added SNH (Sports New Highlights) on 49.3 and ShopHQ on 49.4 The video is better than in the past, but they still have occasional minor dropouts.

NewsNet owner Bridge News LLC has just completed the purchase of WVCC-LD for $3.5 million from the owner up until now - Milachi Media, LLC. Bridge has also purchased some other low power stations recently. And who owns Bridge News? - the owner of the 5 Hour Energy drink.

I'm now getting black screens on all four WVCC-LD channels, except for 49.2 (Antenna TV) is broadcasting some pixels that aren't coming in strong enough to the station to form a picture. Problems appear to be on their end, not with my reception here.

I'm now getting black screens on all four WVCC-LD channels, except for 49.2 (Antenna TV) is broadcasting some pixels that aren't coming in strong enough to the station to form a picture. Problems appear to be on their end, not with my reception here.
That happened on the weekend and has been that way ever since. It appears to be a failure of the STL link or links (program feed to the transmitter.) Either the system lost it's settings, maybe some part of the system moved physically, or maybe a fiber link is down. If you look closely at 49.2, it seems at times to be a very distorted feed of one of the ch 38 subchannels.

WCRN has been on and off since the weekend also. It is incredible that they seem to find this poor level of support acceptable, even on a low-power station. There must be only a contract engineer available who must travel to this area when needed.

WVCC-LD now appears to have its programming back on all four of its channels, but their virtual channel mapping to Ch. 49 is no longer working on my set. It's now scanning it in on its RF Channel 6, interfering with WLNE New Bedford/Providence. I get WLNE and WVCC-LD and their subchannels scanned in on alternate channels one after the other within Channel 6.

Also there is only video, no audio on the WVCC-LD .2 subchannel, Antenna TV.
If you look closely at 49.2, it seems at times to be a very distorted feed of one of the ch 38 subchannels.
When that phenomenon was happening before WVCC-LD got their feeds working again, it seemed to be something my TV set was doing on 49.2. It seemed to be getting a distorted image of whatever functioning channel my set was last tuned to before tuning to 49.2. Could have been a distorted image of 38, 44, a subchannel, or whatever other functioning channel my set was last tuned to.

I think that's something the set sometimes does when it receives a very marginal HDTV signal. I've also seen the phenomenon when trying to receive other very weak HDTV signals. I'll see a few pixels of the station I'm trying to receive, with distorted pixels of an image of whatever station the set was last previously tuned to, like the set is trying to resurrect the picture of the last channel it was previously tuned to from some sort of memory to fill in the blank pixels not coming in from the very weak channel I'm trying to receive.

WVCC-LD has had problems, but it is back on as of today, and seemed to be doing some re-configuring of their encoder today. They now have 6 subchannells configured but only 3 are actually active at the moment.
Yes, I'm now getting WVCC-LD mapped to 49 where it belongs. Scanned in only the three active channels, the one missing from before is Antenna TV.

Back
Top Bottom