• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DSC Gone From KGB??

Hi George and Vonroll. I can't believe I have actually written some posts! Probably my last one because I don't want to be swept up in all the radio madness...but I enjoy reading everyones posts. I don't want to add to speculation, because I think no one really knows. And George, NO a satellite show would be awful!! I can't imagine they would do that...I just think it wouldn't fly on KGB. I hate the whole satellite concept. I, like Vonroll called KGB the other day regarding the Eagles show and just chatted to see how things were going in light of DSC...but the response I got was different. Both Bryan and Coe were upbeat. The station numbers were improving faster than they thought...and they just basically seemed to have a positive attitude to do just keep doing the best radio they could do. They agree the station is very different now, and there can never be another DSC. But a few months later...they just have seemed to accept it, and are just moving forward. Regarding other shows...I have been punching around and don't mind the stuff I am hearing. Very different from the razor edge humor of DSC but hey, I have to hear something on my way to work. But I am sure there is WAY more to the Clear Channel/DSC breakdown that we don't know. Remember....two sides, two sides.
So thank you all. I appreciate you letting me be part of the radio dialogue. I appreciate your passion for radio because I love radio too. Never apologize for passion!! Enjoy your week....take care.

Does KGB miss DSC? Hmmmm......let's look at the cold facts. The last quarter of last year (with DSC) KGB was #2 25-54. January says KGB is now in 14th place. Can anybody remember when a departed morning team decimated a station like this? Please advise. I'd like to know where this happened anywhere in the country in the last 40 years.

Yes, but didn't most of that decline take place in the weeks immediately following the end of the DSC, and haven't things stabilized (and even begun to rebound) since then?

KGB's last full quarter with DSC was Oct./Dec.
There has only been one month since they left (Jan.)
The 2nd to 14th data mentioned above is the most recent.
Granted, this is just one month and not a whole quarter. But I think any reasonable person would say KGB is in deep trouble. I would not want to responsible for KGB now if Clear Channel higher-ups want to just let KGB twist in the wind without bringing back DSC or bringing in a comparable replacement show. This could be a career-ending episode for some innocent guy like Bryan Schock who just happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Clear Channel looked like geniuses for letting Jeff & Jer go. KGB/DSC, not so much. I think both DSC and Clear Channel need to give a little. Or not. If they don't come back to SD radio life will still go on. But Clear Channel will be responsible for killing one of its greatest properties.

mintyfresh said:
KGB's last full quarter with DSC was Oct./Dec.
There has only been one month since they left (Jan.)
The 2nd to 14th data mentioned above is the most recent.
Granted, this is just one month and not a whole quarter. But I think any reasonable person would say KGB is in deep trouble. I would not want to responsible for KGB now if Clear Channel higher-ups want to just let KGB twist in the wind without bringing back DSC or bringing in a comparable replacement show. This could be a career-ending episode for some innocent guy like Bryan Schock who just happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Clear Channel looked like geniuses for letting Jeff & Jer go. KGB/DSC, not so much. I think both DSC and Clear Channel need to give a little. Or not. If they don't come back to SD radio life will still go on. But Clear Channel will be responsible for killing one of its greatest properties.
How I fully agree with you Minty...I grew up on the DSC. I CANT listen to A station that Killed The Best MORNING SHOW San Diego Ever Had..Dont get me wrong,i love Coe Louis,But She even said,The Demeanor around the station is pretty sad..If KGB fails under CC ownership,ITS THERE OWN FAULT!

You read it here first!

Just as I suspected but never posted (until now).... A new and expanded and improved Scott and Billy Ray Smith show will end up on KGB in the morning. Mark my words and note the date

more on that idea...This still leaves DSC out in the cold, but they still MAY get back on the air considering the above Arbitron data. J&J on the other hand will not.

John Lynch has done very well acquiring three stations, one of which is on the upswing and the other 2 are gangbusters. It's funny how with all this great stuff going on, he and his not-so-highly-thought-of VP of programming let this great morning show they created slip away. So much for building an empire.

mintyfresh said:
You read it here first!

Just as I suspected but never posted (until now).... A new and expanded and improved Scott and Billy Ray Smith show will end up on KGB in the morning. Mark my words and note the date
Who are they?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom