• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DSC Gone From KGB??

nice not hearing the potty talk in the am and pm replays....good to hear good old classic rock and roll Led Zeplin's whole lotta love in the morning gets me going......

I guess you have no sence of humor...Dull...Each there own...You can only hear Led Zepplin so much,then you get burned out on it... ::) potty talk...My 3 y.o.calls it that...My whole family loves the DSC..

Q Tip said:
nice not hearing the potty talk in the am and pm replays....good to hear good old classic rock and roll Led Zeplin's whole lotta love in the morning gets me going......

According to the PPM's since DSC vanished, it's just you and a couple of other people.

Snarkin USA said:
Q Tip said:

According to the PPM's since DSC vanished, it's just you and a couple of other people.
Thank You Snarkin!!!Like Ruth 66 says,That's What Ya Get!!!!

If there was any justice in radio, Clear Channel would admit its mistake, bite the bullet, and try their damndest to bring the DSC back to 101.5. That's really the only station they belong on. The demo was perfect for them, and they had a rabid following on that station. Since they left, it seems like there are about four people who listen to 101.5 anymore, which is tragic, because they play some great music. Don't get me wrong, Coe Lewis seems like a great human being, and Bryan Schock's wealth of knowledge on classic rock is an educational experience every time he breaks out his iPod, but the DSC were the anchor for that station. Without them, it's just another classic rock FM with average DJ's and the same ten bands played over and over.

I agree with ya Washout..The station is pretty boring now..its like they knew they screwed up.giving away 1000 bucks to listeners to say than you for listening..I talked to some of the people that are still there,they are saying its very dead around here..Sponcers are leaving,no more fun...Phone lines are very dead..The only reason Clearchannel is keeping the KGB is the historic call letters..I guess they will see how dismal there ratings are since the DSC left...

Snarkin USA said:
Maybe there is hope.

It looks like Clear Channel had a “come to Jesus” moment recently when they rehired their morning show team on WDVE, Pittsburgh.

http://insidemusicmedia.blogspot.com/

It doesn't sound like CC Pittsburgh offered more (probably less) to get the morning show back in place on WDVE..

If CC San Diego offered the DSC the same "lucrative offer" as before, or a less lucrative offer, would the DSC return to KGB?

hi all. first post and all. you know i have sat back and watched all the posts and comments and digs and shots at kgb. man, you have taken this station to task for something handled out of texas. wow, why do you have such bitterness and hatred for a station that has stood the test of time, brought some of the best jocks to the biz...and pretty much been a great station to san diego and it's listeners for a long time. what gives? why do you want it to fail so badly? because dsc didn't work things out with clear channel...you want everyone to sink and disappear. i am just saying...what did the other parties involved with the station do to you? they don't make people nicer and more decent than coe...and to quote rickards "the best female jock anywhere...period". and it is no secret her love for dsc. bryan knows his craft and has cranked up the music dramatically. so clear channel and dsc didn't work things out. hey, maybe they can come back but who knows. that would be great...because they are truly missed... but give it a rest people. so kgb took a mortal hit...like they are the first???....yeah, right.

why don't you guys pick on kyxy for a change for lord's sake!!!!!!!!! man, you make me miss the hilarious posts against j&j. now THAT is something that should picked on :p

Dude,i feel sorry for Coe..But she even said,after the DSC left,its no fun around here anymore..And the station is taking a HUGE hit..Alot more than anyone thinks...

nah, she was just probably really bummed losing her friends. she sounds like she always has....having fun. she's always been a complete pro...they are all pros over there. and don't underestimate what bryan has done to that station. i have listened for ages...and the music sounds awesome. i think change has been refreshing at alot of the stations i am checking out. seems like everyone is stepping up right now. just kind of weird that people tend to be so venomous with their comments.

radio goes on. there were so many changes in san diego. i just had to write and ask why all the negativity was aimed at that station. from reading all the posts over the past few months...it seems like the only thing that is normal in radio is change. and i am sure more will happen. dsc will land on their feet...they are just kicking back cashing checks on their contract. wish i could say that. ;D

Just about 7000 members on facebook want there DSC!!!...Rumors are going around that the DSC will be back on the San Diego airways soon..Dave isnt saying much on facebook.

It's probably just wishful thinking. I mean, the story's no different with Jeff and Jer. They've been supposedly returning to air very soon for... what.. 8 months now?

again vonroll, what is it with you wanting kgb to fail? you have seen it before, the station eventually rebounds. they haven't been here since 1972 by accident! but man, why do you want that station to bomb so badly and why do you worship dsc so much? it's just a morning show, so it's really kind of weird. truly vonroll, i am really not trying to be disrespectful...but again, what has everyone else at that station done to you that you have to convince the universe that the dsc is the only reason kgb existed? it seems really disrepectful to the others who work there. i have been a fan of kgb for years. but these posts remind me of that ronatrell person with jeff and jer. hey, try some new morning shows out and discover some new talent. i like the addition of costa to the rock 105 show. i think they sound pretty damn good. and who knows, the dsc may not want to come back. they have plenty of money and may want to start a new part of their lives. just because the a.m. show is gone doesn't mean the station sucks. again....is there another station you can put in your crosshairs for a change? again, i'm just sayin'. thanks for letting me say my piece.

Its the way the entire DSC staff got treated..its not KGB i dislike,Its the Clear Channel morons..I chat with Coe once a week,she was telling me that KGB doesnt look good for the future..I listen to Mark And Brian now on KLOS..Im also a Member of Bring back Dave,Shelly And Chainsaw on Facebook with over 6,700 members and grows every day..It was more than a morning show to many in San Diego..Its family...I DONT listen to ANY Lame Channel Stations anymore.Rock 105.3 in the morning..NOT FUNNY..Thats my 2 cents.. ;D

idigradio said:
again vonroll, what is it with you wanting kgb to fail? you have seen it before, the station eventually rebounds. they haven't been here since 1972 by accident! but man, why do you want that station to bomb so badly and why do you worship dsc so much? it's just a morning show, so it's really kind of weird. truly vonroll, i am really not trying to be disrespectful...but again, what has everyone else at that station done to you that you have to convince the universe that the dsc is the only reason kgb existed? it seems really disrepectful to the others who work there. i have been a fan of kgb for years. but these posts remind me of that ronatrell person with jeff and jer. hey, try some new morning shows out and discover some new talent. i like the addition of costa to the rock 105 show. i think they sound pretty damn good. and who knows, the dsc may not want to come back. they have plenty of money and may want to start a new part of their lives. just because the a.m. show is gone doesn't mean the station sucks. again....is there another station you can put in your crosshairs for a change? again, i'm just sayin'. thanks for letting me say my piece.

So what you're saying is that you wouldn't care if in a couple years from now all that was available in morning drive in San Diego was satellite shows and "most music" morning shows....?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom