• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DSC Gone From KGB??

Filling up the PD's email inbox/voicemail won't change anything. Besides, it wasn't her call. Do you think a PROGRAM DIRECTOR would blow out DSC? It was the suits. It was the GM and endless regional Vice Presidents and San Antonio types who made the decision. Many years ago, Jim Rome called the PD's at his affiliates, "monkeys," because they just flipped a switch and he did the rest. With a lot of the jocks on the radio being piped in from other markets, music logs coming in from out of town (hello KUSS), and beancounters making the decisions about what morning shows are let go and which ones end up on Star, I guess Jim Rome was right. They're just monkeys with no power and not much under their control.

Maybe they should buy an old service station. That way, they can do a show in a garage just like Jeff and Jer, and own their own station.

Hey, maybe that's the station that Jerry's talking about? A GAS STATION?
;D

RadeoEngineer said:
Buy the CD's. You're not going to be effective in getting their return to KGB, or anywhere else.
its worth a try..got to bug them enough to get mine and some 5700 facebook fans that grew up listening to the dsc..as for cds i have all of them.even tapes of old lady maggot head..i was allways told persistance pays off.so ,i continue to bother clearchannel every day.morning and night..jack bauer wouldnt give up..i feel the dsc will end up somewhere on the dial or xm radio... ;D

vonrollskyway1 said:
ok then,who is the voice mail we are suppose to explode??

Nobody's, dude. Give it a rest. Think of something else to talk about while DSC regroups and finds a new home.

dr

P.S. Patience is a virtue. Hysteria is embarrassing.

Dr. o Fun said:
vonrollskyway1 said:
ok then,who is the voice mail we are suppose to explode??

Nobody's, dude. Give it a rest. Think of something else to talk about while DSC regroups and finds a new home.

dr

P.S. Patience is a virtue. Hysteria is embarrassing.
that's a bit hard to do..loosing the dsc is like loosing some family members..

I sincerely hope 91X has the sense not to push an up-and-coming show that can age with their base demographic off-the-air in favor of three folks who were making fart jokes while the current host's grandpa was in diapers.

Mat Diablo needs someone else to play off of. Mahoney was decent until they dropped him for budget reasons. But having Mat as the center of the show just doesn't work for me the few times I've listened to him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom