• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AM Frequency of the Week: 1170

South Mississippi:

Day: WRPM Poplarville, MS (southern gospel)
Night: mostly KFAQ Tulsa, OK - The Blitz 1170 or XERT Reynosa
rarely WWVA Wheeling - NewsRadio 1170

West Houston TX:

Daytime: nothing usually. I did hear a very weak XERT Reynosa once in the wintertime
Sunset: KTSB Tulsa and XERT start to come in. Tulsa is dominant but XERT is usually fair/good in their null
Night and sunrise, KTSB and XERT

Retro: I grew up in Tulsa, 4 miles southwest of the then-KVOO towers, almost directly on bearing with their directional night pattern. They pretty much ruined my reception from about 1150-1190 on my Realistic TRF portable.

San Francisco Peninsula: KLOK in San Jose, day and night. The key station for a small chain of all-Punjabi (Indian) stations. The others are in the San Juaquin Valley (Sacramento, Fresno, Yuba City/Marysville), all AM's with what appears like a translator attached. Strong signal, a directional 50Kw days, ND 9Kw nights, covers almost all of the SFBA.
Do you know if KLOK-FM Greenfield in Monterey Co. simulcasts 1170 ?

From NW San Antonio:

Day: Lots of slop from close-by KRDY on 1160.

Sunset: Out of the mess, XERT "Ke Buena" in Reynosa and KTSB in Tulsa start to emerge.

Night: When KRDY drops to night power/pattern, the slop is reduced a bit. It's still XERT and KTSB, the latter of which has decoded into HD briefly a few times on my Sangean HDR-16.

Sunrise: XERT often dominates when it goes to day power, but KTSB outlasts it.

DX/Retro: Before XECD "La Romántica" was retired, I heard it a few times at night.
I think it's "Que Buena", No?

I think it's "Que Buena", No?
For some reason (novelty, perhaps?), there are some stations like XERT in Mexico, at least the ones owned by Radiorama, that spell it “Ke Buena.”

…and I forgot to note in my report that XERT has changed its branding to “La Más Picuda,” although the Radiorama site is still showing “Ke Buena.”

Last edited:
Do you know if KLOK-FM Greenfield in Monterey Co. simulcasts 1170 ?
Entravision owns KLOK-FM which goes by "La Tricolor"; KLOK(AM) is owned by Punjabi American Media and targets South Asian audiences. There is a translator for KLOK-FM in Carmel Valley on 99.9, K260AA, a fill-in for the main signal that would otherwise be blocked between eastern Monterey county and the Monterey Peninsula (the KLOK-FM transmitter is near Soledad).

Back
Top Bottom