• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What a surprise...Warm flips to all-Christmas

Did you not see post #86 in this thread? I'm still not understanding why they went Santa FM for a month, rather than just play Christmas music as Star 101.5.

Did you not see post #86 in this thread? I'm still not understanding why they went Santa FM for a month, rather than just play Christmas music as Star 101.5.

The logic escapes me, too. But since the PPM does not require the panelist to write down a station identifier, they will get credit based on an embedded code and exert a disruptive influence on the market.

Man, I go away for a second and look how much more misinformation there is for me to correct. Firstly, David, what's your respected industry source that you quoted those 2015 billing numbers from? I'm quoting MillerKaplan.

Miller-Kaplan reports cluster revenues however management decides to divide them. I know of one two station cluster in a market about the size of Seattle where the stations were each reported as half the cluster revenue even when one station had twice the listening of the other.

BIA, on the other hand, takes those revenue figures and talks to managers in the market to get an assessment of how cluster revenue should be divided. They also look at ratings in the sales demos and typical format power rations. They tend to be more accurate than the M-K numbers for individual cluster station revenues, although they can be off... but not as often.

So Bob, here we are on December 27th and KPLZ as Star 101.5 has returned. May I remind you of your commitment?

Certainly I don't plan on taking your money, but you eating a yummy crow sandwich in front of those of us who were right, will suffice.

It says here "If crow sandwiches are unavailable, an excellent substitute are vending machine chicken salad sandwiches, which according to survivors, the taste and immediate gastronomic effects after consumption are identical.".....

Rob can chime in with his view, but I feel your brief comment in post 86 rated only at best, $25 worth of a $100 wager. We need to get another $75 worth of crow eating or groveling to consider the bet paid in full.

What would that look like?

Maybe something like: "Kelly you and Rob were totally right and I was so completely wrong. In fact, I am in awe of your superior knowledge of radio and am ashamed of my rank amateur predictions on Radiodiscussions, so I promise that I'll never attempt to make such a stupid, misguided prediction, or challenge your knowledge ever again."

Be creative, go for the gusto!

Maybe something like: "Kelly you and Rob were totally right and I was so completely wrong. In fact, I am in awe of your superior knowledge of radio and am ashamed of my rank amateur predictions on Radiodiscussions, so I promise that I'll never attempt to make such a stupid, misguided prediction, or challenge your knowledge ever again."

Be creative, go for the gusto!

OK, 15-yard penalty...excessive celebration. :)

ummmm. I clicked on the link above....

Nothing about KPLZ flipping AC. I think you are being messed with. Station sounds the same to me, they are making a big deal about nothing. Always played "throwbacks". Story says they will be more aggressive on current music. Bunch of hype. Wonder if Christmas music worked for them?

Seatownmedia, lol! Kelly, I never said I was a professional, and it was pretty obvious from what just happened. Then again, I haven't been the only one to make totally wrong predictions on this board.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom