• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

Maybe her next book is all about the historical origins of the Eastie rug roll.

Maybe her next book is all about the historical origins of the Eastie rug roll.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I always found her attempts to project herself as a tough urban denizen to be painful to listen to. And, combined with that voice and the constant fawning over the Law Enforcement Officers. Hey, maybe it help her with her legal woes.......

I have tried to find some other AM morning shows on small stations. WSAR in Fall River and WVBF in Taunton are somewhat interesting, but are tough to pull in on the expressway. On FM, I've tried to go back to WAAF, but Greg Hill is too much the beautiful person and 1%er. Danielle's wit and observations can make it worthwhile, though, but not enough to keep it on during the entire hour long commute.

Hope your feeling better Eli.

Thanks very much, but not really yet. My feet became very messed up last winter. The consensus after a half-year of seeing many podiatrists, orthopedists, and other types of doctors and practitioners is that there's no quick fix, no surgery indicated. It will be a long recovery through physical therapy exercises, and custom prescription orthotics that I will be getting tomorrow. Hopefully they will work out in the long run. I'm off of my volunteer radio show at WMBR for now, still making it to part-time overnight work at WBUR.

Off topic.........does anyone listen to 1430 WKOX? I started listening to them when MEX went off the air, unfortunately it seems they shut everything down around 8pm, they pretty much are off the air and I've notice over the last couple of days they are doing one particular ad completely in Spanish.

Off topic.........does anyone listen to 1430 WKOX? I started listening to them when MEX went off the air, unfortunately it seems they shut everything down around 8pm, they pretty much are off the air...

At sunset WKOX lowers from 5000 to 1000 watts wiih a directional night pattern that does not go southwest from Medford. It's marginal even as close by as the Harvard Sq. area of Cambridge and doesn't go much farther in that direction.

Forget it at night if you're in the west, southwest or south suburbs or neighborhoods of Boston, except for hugging the coastline a bit.

It does get the northwest and north suburbs, manly beams toward the North Shore.

Last edited:
Off topic.........does anyone listen to 1430 WKOX?

I stopped on that freq this morning early, before 8 AM, didn't stay long.

I would not listen to Glen Beck for any reason, Limbaugh is a blow hard, and after 3 if I am listening to AM it is to the king of graft and half the time I am screaming back at the radio because he is wrong on oh so many things.

There is not much print about the demise of WMEX, "The Patriot Ledger" and a few radio blogs and they all refer to it as a once great station. With the exception of the two midday shows, Joe and Sandy, the station wasn't even a bloch on the Boston radio landscape. McPhee proved to be her own worst enemy and those mental midgets of the morning whose humor can only be compared to the guy on a street corner who starts laughing because he sees a dog licking itself in public!
Yes fools you had an audience but so doesn't small AM stations in rural areas. You will not be missed because in the grand scheme of things you were really never noticed.

I believe when WKOX added night service, even though the transmitter/towers are IN Medford, they did not provide enough of a night signal to be licensed to Medford any longer. When I was a kid, 1430 was either WENE Endicott NY or WNJR Newark NJ, depending on which way I held my transistor radio.

I believe when WKOX added night service, even though the transmitter/towers are IN Medford, they did not provide enough of a night signal to be licensed to Medford any longer.

IIRC, the C.O.L. is now Everett.

They manage to put a night signal over that city... barely

Early 90s I was at WNSH Beverly and the studios were in Hamilton, probably the antenna too.It barely covered Beverly at night.(Now it's WMVX Methuen).We would give the ID with city of license (mandatory) and town where studios were (not necessary)..WNSH Beverly-Hamilton..who is Beverly Hamilton?

At sunset WKOX lowers from 5000 to 1000 watts wiih a directional night pattern that does not go southwest from Medford. It's marginal even as close by as the Harvard Sq. area of Cambridge and doesn't go much farther in that direction.

Forget it at night if you're in the west, southwest or south suburbs or neighborhoods of Boston, except for hugging the coastline a bit.

It does get the northwest and north suburbs, manly beams toward the North Shore.

Thanks Eli!

There is not much print about the demise of WMEX, "The Patriot Ledger" and a few radio blogs and they all refer to it as a once great station. With the exception of the two midday shows, Joe and Sandy, the station wasn't even a bloch on the Boston radio landscape. McPhee proved to be her own worst enemy and those mental midgets of the morning whose humor can only be compared to the guy on a street corner who starts laughing because he sees a dog licking itself in public!
Yes fools you had an audience but so doesn't small AM stations in rural areas. You will not be missed because in the grand scheme of things you were really never noticed.

On "Sandy's" last day she indicated she had several options but hadn't made a decision. I keep checking her FB page and her twitter account and there hasn't been any activity since June. Joe is running for Timilty's seat so he's not going to be on the radio for awhile, the special election isn't til October. I remember when the screaming mimi was on RKO, she was paired up with Todd after the felon left...imagine hearing her voice at 5:30 in the morning, made my ears bleed, luckily at the time there was Talk1200, Jeff Katz was a lot easier to listen to that early in the morning. As for the two morning "radio stars" on WMEX, holy bleep, they have actually admitted on air (before WMEX went off air) they admitted that they have the humor of a 14 year old juvenile. WOW. "The Hottest New Comedy Show In Boston". SMH.

Wish the board had upvote buttons for posts like this one.

As for the two morning "radio stars" on WMEX, holy bleep, they have actually admitted on air (before WMEX went off air) they admitted that they have the humor of a 14 year old juvenile. WOW. "The Hottest New Comedy Show In Boston". SMH.

Maybe there is a "juvenile, IQ-of-a-slug" demo?

Probably not, since they're not on the air any longer :)

OMG OMG OMG.....was that the screaming mimi I heard on RKO this morning doing the On Line Trading Academy program???? I only caught the last 15 seconds, just before 9am, sounded just like her, anyone confirm?

OMG OMG OMG.....was that the screaming mimi I heard on RKO this morning doing the On Line Trading Academy program???? I only caught the last 15 seconds, just before 9am, sounded just like her, anyone confirm?

What's the On Line Trading Academy? Is that the thing John Boyle (formerly of the John and Jeff show fame in the early 2000's) I heard hawking a year or so ago?

I thought Bill Kelly owned all the air time on Sunday mornings? No?

Barbara, when you die and go to Hell, you do realize Lucifer is going to torture you by forcing you to listen to McPhee podcasts for all of eternity :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom