• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WJBR has flipped to all-Christmas

WJBR usually waits and flips on the same day as WBEB. This year, they didn't. I wonder if WBEB will care?

Ho ho ho—morning show fired, and now let’s play the holiday tunes.

Wouldn’t More FM be about 48 hours away from flipping anyway at this point?

WJBR also killed their morning team and program director. Beasley just moved a guy in from the Philly cluster. Think there's a format change after the holidays?

And the ho-ho-hoeing begins. I tell you what I'd like to hear- Weezer's "christmas celebraton"

Tweak, maybe. Wholesale change? No.

I agree with that. They're probably a money machine so it would be nuts to change formats. I haven't listened to them in AGES. Were they doing anything (musically) that was materially different than WBEB?

I agree with that. They're probably a money machine so it would be nuts to change formats. I haven't listened to them in AGES. Were they doing anything (musically) that was materially different than WBEB?

From a general listener perspective, not that I could hear. Music sounded more or less the same...perhaps More was a tad brighter/hotter, but they were generally on the same page from what I heard. Caveat: the Delilah show was certainly a different tone in the evenings, but that’s the way it goes with that show.
Someone may have playlists that show a different result, but if you stripped out identifying elements, I’d have been hard pressed to tell you one from another in a “blind” test.

I thought I read somewhere that Delilah's show mostly let stations use their own playlists. I thought that was a good idea: I'd hate to be programming a station and lose control of the library for an entire daypart. But maybe I read that incorrectly. (I really have no idea. The show's a stone cold boner-killer. I haven't heard it in probably 10 years.)

They do from what I gather, so maybe it’s the perception of that voice, but it “felt”slower when I listened. Could be biased because I can’t stand it for more than a few moments...like a train wreck,

WJBR is like More FM or B101 with a tad less current high-tempo tunes. Basically- where More FM would play Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off", WJBR would play Del Amitri's "Roll To Me", and where More FM would air Justin Beiber's "Sorry", WJBR would throw on Los Lonely Boys "How Far is Heaven". I am sure that JBR would and has aired both beiber and swift, but far less often than More FM. WJBR is the station for that parent who wants to be cool but can't stand her 15 year old daughters obsession with ed sheeran (and neither can I).

I thought I read somewhere that Delilah's show mostly let stations use their own playlists. I thought that was a good idea: I'd hate to be programming a station and lose control of the library for an entire daypart. But maybe I read that incorrectly. (I really have no idea. The show's a stone cold boner-killer. I haven't heard it in probably 10 years.)

The show, from what I was told several years ago, is done in bits and pieces and integrated with either local music or a full pre-configured format. Their website last I checked lists AC, Hot AC, and even CC alternatives.

If and thats a BIG IF they do flip, the out of market signals that do well in order are Country 103.7 and 92.9, Classic hits WOGL, Alternative WRFF, Urban WDAS-F, and Country WXTU. I would bet Classic hits is the winner...

If and thats a BIG IF they do flip, the out of market signals that do well in order are Country 103.7 and 92.9, Classic hits WOGL, Alternative WRFF, Urban WDAS-F, and Country WXTU. I would bet Classic hits is the winner...

I'm unclear on which station you're referring to here. If who flips?

It was describing ful-time formats, so I would assume that meant with the new program director (and relatively new ownership) if something else was planned.

Side note: I think it points to the silliness of “flip” to describe Christmas music. Its not really a format change, but hey, whatever.

Ah, I see. If WJBR flips it's regular format to something else after the holidays. (Not gonna happen.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom