• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBZ Network News Shuffle/Adjustment Has Begun?

http://www.universalhub.com/2018/kiss-108-seems-have-found-some-news-bears?nocache=1

Automation glitches at Kiss 108 keeps repeating breaking news about October's Las Vegas massacre, and the First Night forecast

I assume these "automation glitches" (!) were aired on KISS 108, and not over WBZ 1030? Those are some glitches. Please tell me this same machine doesn't run all of iHeart's Boston or New England or Northeast stations.

And before someone "corrects" me about this automation system, allegedly the finest in the entire world, I realize it's only doing what it was told to do. The bigger question is, do the "right people" program this system, or is this left as a side job for other station personnel?

I assume these "automation glitches" (!) were aired on KISS 108, and not over WBZ 1030? Those are some glitches. Please tell me this same machine doesn't run all of iHeart's Boston or New England or Northeast stations.

And before someone "corrects" me about this automation system, allegedly the finest in the entire world, I realize it's only doing what it was told to do. The bigger question is, do the "right people" program this system, or is this left as a side job for other station personnel?

So, you can make some snide comment about the automation system, but before anyone can respond, you tell people not to "correct" you. Shows your true professionalism.

Yes, any automation system is only as good as the people who program it. In a market like Otummwa, IA, this is bad. In Boston, this is unacceptable. As for people who program these systems, there are different departments that upload their necessary information to a log on daily basis; the traffic department loads the commercial log, the PD/MD loads the music, the imaging director is adding/tweaking promos and such, etc. Not sure where/how these specific elements aired, but there are any number of scenarios that could've played into these mistakes, all of which come down to a lack of attention to detail - and that is a death sentence in a day when there is less personnel at a radio station.

Listening to WBZ over the weekend and at the Saturday-Sunday Midnight news they played a news update from New Years Eve. Ooops.

Bruce Stephens ????

Noticed Bruce Stephens did not show up again for his once every three week gig on WBZ's "Weekend Live". Morgan White, Jr. didn't mention his name Friday or Saturday night. Is Bruce Stephens gone. Know he has some health problems and would come down from Maine to for his slot. The "Weekend Live" is still WBZ's weakest link since Jordan Rich left. Morgan White, Jr. is the only one of the three ( Dean Johnson, Bruce Stephen and Morgan White,Jr.) who ever seems prepared for his show. The others just wing it.

I heard Morgan White mention on Friday that Stevens was ill and that he did not know if he would be in for Stevens Saturday night.

BTW, WRKO is still uses Total Traffic for their traffic and news reports. I just heard Crazy Kuhner say lets go to Evan Hiedenrich in the WBZ Newsroom.

The "Weekend Live" is still WBZ's weakest link since Jordan Rich left. Morgan White, Jr. is the only one of the three ( Dean Johnson, Bruce Stephen and Morgan White,Jr.) who ever seems prepared for his show. The others just wing it.
Johnson usually has a prepared show.

At least none of them use an hour of their show as an infomercial for someone shilling a book, or plays canned interviews, both of which Rich used to do.

From raccoonradio: "Fybush was saying in his column today that WBZ 1030 itself was also running some "stale" news bits..."

From Tilden: "Listening to WBZ over the weekend and at the Saturday-Sunday Midnight news they played a news update from New Years Eve. Ooops."

From mistermicrophone: ""In a market like Otummwa, IA, this is bad. In Boston, this is unacceptable. ..... (T)here are any number of scenarios that could've played into these mistakes, all of which come down to a lack of attention to detail - and that is a death sentence in a day when there is less personnel at a radio station."

Even iHeart commercials sound cheap and trashy. What was that iHeart commercial for some gaming iHeart site?

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevejon...-announces-new-agreement-with-cbs-news-radio/

Update WBZ signed on with ABC News Radio according to this tweet.

WTOP in Washington has dropped CBS News for ABC. I don't know if they ran it all day unlike WBZ who runs it in the overnight only. Could WBZ do the same?

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/sh...TOP-dropped-CBS-News-Radio-for-ABC-News-Radio

On a related note, it looks like WCRN in Worcester has also dropped CBS News. Yesterday I heard a national news feed anchored by Michael Toscano that wasn't identified. I believe they only had CBS News after the Boston 25 News until 6 p.m. weekdays and on the weekends.

On a related note, it looks like WCRN in Worcester has also dropped CBS News. Yesterday I heard a national news feed anchored by Michael Toscano that wasn't identified. I believe they only had CBS News after the Boston 25 News until 6 p.m. weekdays and on the weekends.

That's Westwood One News. It airs on many stations across the Country. In my area in airs on the Oldies station KOOL 990/96.1 along with another small operation known as 1420 WLIS/1150 WMRD, which is a mix of music and talk.

Even iHeart commercials sound cheap and trashy. What was that iHeart commercial for some gaming iHeart site?

Those were for iPlay.com, and they seemed to have ceased around the first of the year.

What do jar my sensibilities are the promos on WBZ for iHeart “music festivals”. These make me long for the promos for CBS-TV programs.

One way to look at this: a lot of us are having as much of a hard time accepting iHeart’s ownership of WBZ as the Democrats are of the Trump presidency. 😖

It appears that who ever is in charge at iHeart has no idea of the demographics of the WBZ radio audience. Don't think there is a big trailer park contingent to its audience.

WLW has reunited with the iHeart version of NBC, dropping ABC (cuts and special reports only). Seems weird not to hear the ABC sounder at TOH and BOH.

It appears that who ever is in charge at iHeart has no idea of the demographics of the WBZ radio audience. Don't think there is a big trailer park contingent to its audience.

What meaningful conversation do you actually bring to this community? Nothing you write is cogent or insightful. Just a chance to blast every owner and most stations.

On top of that, your attempts at humor fall on deaf ears; hate to break it to you, but you're not nearly as clever as you think you are.

I wasn't attempt to be clever only honest.
When you were a time salesman did you have Budweiser or Bufferin as a client?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom