• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Sound to be Born Again as a EMF-owned Station

Looks like we're in the same hometown. I agree. While KLVB (99.5) does "OK" in the area, I can't imagine EMF not wanting a B1 or even class B station in Sacramento. I'm in the Rocklin, about a stone throw from the K-LOVE headquaters and 99.5 is good but not great.

I'm still of the mindset they'd pay big for 107.9 but I know that's not on the table yet. Knowing EMF, if they were able to aquire 107.9 or even 94.7, they'd flip it to K-LOVE, then use KLVB and KLRS (89.7) and any other translators hanging around for Air1.

This is only the beginning what Entercom is divesting to close the CBS Radio merger. David Field did mention that their divestitures may be swapped with other companies, so don't expect all their divestitures to be straight sales to non-commercial operators such as EMF.

Did Hear all djs will be let go
around middle of november right before thanksgiving holidays

Not exactly. They were given notice this week. That the jobs would end in 45 days. They were shown the sever ance packages and given permission to us e work hours to job seek.

what if klove cant get permission use it from unionvision 107.5

Would you not think that things like this would be worked out before signing a $57 million contract?

If K-love flips to all Christmas music mid-November, and so does Go Country. That will be an interesting race against KOST. Unless everything falls apart or K-love sticks to it's usual format.

I would rather see one of Entercom's newly-acquired stations going all-Christmas, if they decide to flip one of them post-merger.

Unless the merger isn't approved until after Christmas. Or even after Thanksgiving, since stations typically don the gay apparel mid November.

what if klove cant get permission use it from unionvision 107.5

Inside Radio says,

"Educational Media Foundation has confirmed it will brand its new L.A. property KSWD (100.3) as “K-Love,” the same moniker Univision has long employed for KLVE (107.5). The two companies are in talks about ways to reduce potential listener confusion."

Full story at: http://www.insideradio.com/free/can...cle_6e2e1b5e-a4e8-11e7-b2da-43dcc6d31e62.html

As I said, it could have been concluded that discussions began long ago.

Point taken. If the merger does close by November, then I would expect some of the stations flip to Christmas.

That will be based on local market conditions. We already know that KOST will be jingling bells. Based on last year's positive results, we might also see KKGO deck the halls. Is there room for three? Maybe not.

Inside Radio says,

"Educational Media Foundation has confirmed it will brand its new L.A. property KSWD (100.3) as “K-Love,” the same moniker Univision has long employed for KLVE (107.5). The two companies are in talks about ways to reduce potential listener confusion."

Full story at: http://www.insideradio.com/free/can...cle_6e2e1b5e-a4e8-11e7-b2da-43dcc6d31e62.html

As I said, it could have been concluded that discussions began long ago.

This sort of reminds me of KIEV-870 (now KRLA) back in 1991-92. Newscaster George Putnam had a talk show called "Talkback" at noon. Right after his show ended, religious broadcaster Bob Larson's "Talkback With Bob Larson" ran. Of course Larson did a lot of fundraising on his show, which bothered Putnam to no end. Eventually Putnam started ending his show: "This is the one and only *original* Talkback, where we don't ask for money!"

Eventually Larson left KIEV and broadcast elsewhere....

Link to LAIST article posted by The Sound to their own Facebook page: http://laist.com/2017/09/28/1003_the_sound.php

Sound Program Director Dave Beasing says that since they'll have at least 30 days (and up to 45 days maximum) to say goodbye (as David E posted earlier),
special programming could be in the offing, such as A to Z, Roll The Dice, guest DJ appearances (such as Mark Thompson, for example).

Since the transaction's announcement was made on Tue. Sept. 26, that would make for
The Sound's sign-off date being somewhere between Thu. Oct. 26 and Fri. Nov. 10, 2017.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom