• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The CBS’ 2023-2024 season thread

LMAD's casting team just announced that they are taping 5 primetime shows this week! So they may be rushing production due to Loteria Loca's cancellation.

With the strikes I don't know why they can't just air the show instead of reruns, possibly move it to a different night and finish their run. They don't have to renew it for another season but they could just finish the the season with possibly Let's Make a Deal and the return of Lingo.

Also a surprising that they renewed Lingo for season 2 when they pulled the rest of season 1 off due to low ratings also.

Here is the post strike schedule

SUNDAY, FEB. 11 (following Super Bowl LVIII)
~10 pm TRACKER (series premiere)

MONDAY, FEB. 12
8 pm The Neighborhood Season 6
8:30 pm Bob Hearts Abishola Season 5
9 pm NCIS Season 21
10 pm NCIS: Hawai’i Season 3

TUESDAY, FEB. 13
8 pm FBI Season 6
9 pm FBI: International Season 3
10 pm FBI: Most Wanted Season 5

THURSDAY, FEB. 15
8 pm Young Sheldon Season 7
8:30 pm Ghosts Season 3
9 pm So Help Me Todd Season 2
10 pm TRACKER (series premiere repeat)

FRIDAY, FEB. 16
8 pm S.W.A.T. Season 7 (final)
9 pm Fire Country Season 2
10 pm Blue Bloods Season 14

SUNDAY, FEB. 18
7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm The Equalizer Season 4
9 pm TRACKER (regular time slot premiere)
10 pm CSI: Vegas Season 3 (new night)

WEDNESDAY, FEB. 28
8 pm Survivor Season 46 (2-hour premiere)

THURSDAY, FEB. 29
10 pm ELSBETH (series premiere)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6
8 pm Survivor (2-hour episode)

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13
8 pm Survivor (return to 90-minute episodes)
9:30 pm The Amazing Race Season 36 (90-minute episodes)

This does indicate we will have game shows into at least the end of February.

TPIR @ N will have taped a total of 12 more episodes overall too.
Raid The Cage ends in January.
LMAD Primetime also has a few more episodes.

I’ve noticed that CBS is pretty heavily promoting the Justin Hartley vehicle. I know Hartley is a big name but it does seem bold to have a new series be the Super Bowl lead out but then again it worked out well for the Equalizer a few years back.

Still think CBS made a mistake trying to keep SWAT around and not East New York.

No mention of Kathy Bates’ Matlock remake? I wonder what happened there.

Stephen Colbert's bad luck can't be helping CBS any. Just a week after The Late Show came back, Colbert came down with Covid and CBS reran the first week's shows. Over Thanksgiving Colbert had to have emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix. He's out for the week and the show is rerunning again.

I’ve noticed that CBS is pretty heavily promoting the Justin Hartley vehicle. I know Hartley is a big name but it does seem bold to have a new series be the Super Bowl lead out but then again it worked out well for the Equalizer a few years back.

Still think CBS made a mistake trying to keep SWAT around and not East New York.

No mention of Kathy Bates’ Matlock remake? I wonder what happened there.
I had no idea Kathy Bates was doing a Matlock remake, maybe it was paused or scrapped due to the writers strike?

Stephen Colbert's bad luck can't be helping CBS any. Just a week after The Late Show came back, Colbert came down with Covid and CBS reran the first week's shows. Over Thanksgiving Colbert had to have emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix. He's out for the week and the show is rerunning again.
Hopefully it will wake people up to the fact that covid isn’t “over” and has been associated with acute appendicitis for at least a year:

Back
Top Bottom