• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Syndication for 2020-2021!!

I must have missed them being sold by Fox. Not a surprise given the pathetic coverage of such topics by The Charlotte Observer, after they did such an excellent job for decades.
Only Sinclair CW and My stations and a maybe a few Fox stations are airing this.,

Nexstar seems to be helping WJZY’s ratings at 10, though it might be more Fox’s primetime lineup. I hear they are doing a lot better now at 10 than they were.

WSOC is preempting Entertainment Tonight for a Family Focus: Holiday of Hope special. ET will air in place of Right This Minute overnight at 2:06am, surprised WAXN didn’t air ET in place of one of their four Family Feud airings, especially since RTM is a Cox production. They aired Inside Edition and ET a few times this summer at 8 and 8:30 when WSOC preempted it for the Panthers Fan Fest scrimmage and classic replays.

Only Sinclair CW and My stations and a maybe a few Fox stations are airing this.,

Nexstar seems to be helping WJZY’s ratings at 10, though it might be more Fox’s primetime lineup. I hear they are doing a lot better now at 10 than they were.
Well, you sure didn't hear it from The Charlotte Observer.

Well, you sure didn't hear it from The Charlotte Observer.
No, unfortunately not, because Mark Washburn retired, long before that sale. I heard about it on another forum.

I checked TV Passport and WMYA is the only station I have found so far that is airing the full three hours of The National Desk, from 6-9am. WMYA, WLFL and the station in Baltimore are only airing the last two hours from 7-9am. The station in Minneapolis is only airing one hour, from 6-7am CT.

No excuse. They could have had someone else do it. If you go back as far as I do, the Observer has also had Ron Alridge, Mark Wolf, Jeff Borden, Bill Keveney and Kay McFadden. Keveney has gone on to the big leagues with USA Today.
Oh I agree, I’m not making excuses, I was just saying I haven’t heard a peep out of Charlotte TV from the Observer since he retired.

WJZY launching a noon and 4pm newscast “in a couple weeks” (which Page Fehling will be anchoring). This will affect WJZY’s and maybe WMYT’s schedule. Login • Instagram

WJZY launching a noon and 4pm newscast “in a couple weeks” (which Page Fehling will be anchoring). This will affect WJZY’s and maybe WMYT’s schedule. Login • Instagram
I think probably one of the stations will drop Judge Mathis and People’s Court.

According to WJZY, They have shifted Judge Mathis & People's Court an hour early. Judge Mathis shifts to 2pm and People's Court shifts to 3pm
Also TMZ Live moves to 1pm, 25 Words or Less to 10am and Dateline replaces The Real at 11am. That according to TV Passport. I haven’t seen any changes for WMYT.

Last edited:

You Bet Your Life, hosted by Jay Leno, is sold in 85% of the country in advance of its debut in fall 2021. Stephen Brown, executive vice president of programming and development, Fox Television Stations and Fox First Run, made the announcement Tuesday.

Launching on the Fox Television Stations, the return of the classic game show has also been sold to stations from other station groups including Sinclair, Nexstar, Scripps, Meredith, Gray, McKinnon, Standard Media, Block and Sun Broadcasting.

In making the announcement, Brown said: “Combining the expertise of two of Hollywood’s top producers, Tom Werner and David Hurwitz, with the joint hosting experience of the tremendously talented Jay Leno and Kevin Eubanks, You Bet Your Life will deliver a fun series filled with the warmth and laughter that America needs now.”

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom