• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pirate at 99.7 FM in NY

Some of the pirates play better music than the licensed ones. If i find one playing a better rock mix, guess what, im tuning into the pirate.

Please correct me on this. I believe that these "pirates" are aiming to the community where corporate radio doesn't. Do we hear a "battle cry" for community radio??

I've read that NYC area has more pirate stations than licensed FM stations. How can this be? The FM dial is packed full of legal stations. Radio Stations in New York, New York.
Probably the pirates have less power so there can be many in the metro area. Most are right next to a licensed station. For example, one station I heard in November from NJ, a station on 102.1 (so right next to WFAN-FM) English language music station playing one minute of each song with ads for a caterer in the Bronx. And not uncommon for them to grab a frequency that's the same as something in Long Island or NJ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom