• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

Pshhh. Real men fly Antonov An-124s. Go big or go home! o_OšŸ¤‘

I wonder if that wasn't just a "oops, wrong number" thing on Airbus' part and not necessarily a Spam.

Your order status changed - Despatched (misspelled) Track here"

despatch - Wiktionary

No mispeld atall.

Lately, I've been getting a ton of "Someone has logged into your Facebook account" emails.
If you are getting these, ignore them. They are nothing more than a phishing expedition.

Yeah, I've gotten a few of those lately. I just hit "D" when I see anything relating to Farcebook show up in mutt since I don't have it or any other social media website. Nice try....

I've been receiving emails which purport to be from McAfee, Norton and other anti-virus software companies. These emails report that my subscription has ended and that I need to click on the link provided to subscribe to their services.
This is one of the "from" email addresses: [email protected].
Looks legit to me!

I keep getting messages on my computer screen that my McAfee subscription is about to expire.

I pay my phone company every month for McAfee so that's not happening.

If I have the time, I like messing with the auto warranty scammers. Generally they hang up fairly quick, when I ask them in a very whispery/creepy voice: What vehicle warranty is going to expire? Without fail, they can't tell you. So I repeat in a creepy whisper: Then how do you know my warranty is about to expire, if you don't know what vehicle it is? If game, then they usually blather on, trying to redirect away from the vehicle type with a bunch of reasons why I should extend my warranty with them, and I'll ask in the creepy voice, with no segue: So....what are you wearing?? Sometimes they pause without an answer, then hang up. Most hang up immediately.

If I have the time, I like messing with the auto warranty scammers. Generally they hang up fairly quick, when I ask them in a very whispery/creepy voice: What vehicle warranty is going to expire? Without fail, they can't tell you. So I repeat in a creepy whisper: Then how do you know my warranty is about to expire, if you don't know what vehicle it is? If game, then they usually blather on, trying to redirect away from the vehicle type with a bunch of reasons why I should extend my warranty with them, and I'll ask in the creepy voice, with no segue: So....what are you wearing?? Sometimes they pause without an answer, then hang up. Most hang up immediately.
I've used the what vehicle tactic before as well but I haven't used the what are you wearing line. šŸ˜

I've been receiving emails which purport to be from McAfee, Norton and other anti-virus software companies. These emails report that my subscription has ended and that I need to click on the link provided to subscribe to their services.
This is one of the "from" email addresses: [email protected].
Looks legit to me!
I'm still receiving emails purportedly from McAfee several times daily. "This is your final notification. Your license has expired."
I don't have McAfee anti-virus software on any of my computers. Delete, delete, delete. :)

I'm still receiving emails purportedly from McAfee several times daily. "This is your final notification. Your license has expired."
I don't have McAfee anti-virus software on any of my computers. Delete, delete, delete. :)
Boy, these spammers wonā€™t give up!, will they? I kept receiving the same types of email from Norton and I havenā€™t had Norton for my security in at least 6 years; also receive at least one email per day (often 2 or 3) from BOA (Bank of America) and Iā€™ve never had a BOA account!

I still get the occasional spam calls and E-Mails. When they come I either hang up or delete the letter. Wish someone could stop this mess for good. It's so annoying.​

Dan <><

The latest for me is a robo-call every ten minutes from an automated voice telling me about an unauthorized charge to my Amazon account. The total number of calls in a 2-1/2 hour period was 14. Every ten minutes. Each time from a different number. Mostly from New York City, but a few originated in Virginia. On Labor Day.

Back
Top Bottom