• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Warm FM Tagline

At least I didn't see or hear it last year. It came with the start of "Countdown To Christmas". One big item contest drawing on the first of each month via the app; Starting July 1st with a trip to Vegas and Katy Perry Tickets. This is what really got my attention though:

Warm 106.9 - The Nation's Christmas Station

Make of that what you will (Screenshot example posted below)

Screenshot_20220601-174947_Yahoo Mail.jpg

That (or other Christmas slogan -- I can't remember exactly) has been appearing on the RDS station tagline for a couple weeks as well.

Is this for the HD2 (which is all Xmas all year except for Nov-Dec) or is KRWM planning to stunt/flip?

Is this for the HD2 (which is all Xmas all year except for Nov-Dec) or is KRWM planning to stunt/flip?
No...on hD1, which is why I noticed it.
But I brushed it off because there are so many weird things with their RDS display (sometimes it looks like it gets stuck is the main one). I wondered if the times it doesn't show a specific title was when they may be manually inserting fill songs...though I would think if done from the same computer music source it would display like any other title. (Keep in mind my last touch-point with on-air technology was around the turn of the current millennium!!!)

I would think the RDS should just grab what the automation says is the current song, but there must be more to it, as I've seen a number of stations where the RDS, or rather the data showing on the stream, is out of sync with what is actually going out, and I don't understand how this happens.

Most of the “cart” items that are loaded into any automation system require someone to input information about the audio file. There is quite a bit of wiggle room for someone to enter information incorrectly. When these files are played over the air, it automatically will display information in RDS based on what the person entered. In this scenario, someone probably put the wrong information in for the wrong file.

I would think the RDS should just grab what the automation says is the current song, but there must be more to it, as I've seen a number of stations where the RDS, or rather the data showing on the stream, is out of sync with what is actually going out, and I don't understand how this happens.
The way it normally works, is the automation sends whatever is currently playing, or upcoming (if set up for that) to the RDS generator. If the automation doesn't send an updated message, most RDS generators just repeat whatever message was last-sent. There are ways one can enter manual text related to traffic alerts, or special messages.

The way it normally works, is the automation sends whatever is currently playing, or upcoming (if set up for that) to the RDS generator. If the automation doesn't send an updated message, most RDS generators just repeat whatever message was last-sent. There are ways one can enter manual text related to traffic alerts, or special messages.
Someone check their pilot level...

KRWM was one of the first (if not the very first) station in the US to implement the Holiday format. And they have a huge online audience that has built up over 20+ years of doing this that many around America still favor KRWM's holiday format over their local stations. So "The Nation's Christmas Station" isn't quite that far off the mark.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom