• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New sports format launches on 97.3

They're transmitting a show and the guy said. We're here on 1210 am and on Latino Sport Radio. So I'm assuming they're retransmitting a AM RADIO Sports station.

They're transmitting a show and the guy said. We're here on 1210 am and on Latino Sport Radio. So I'm assuming they're retransmitting a AM RADIO Sports station.

The closest 1210, and the only one in TX, is in San Juan in Hidalgo County in the LRGV. A commercial station on AM can only have a translator that does not extend its licensed daytime coverage area.

The LGRV station is Christian, not sports, last I checked.

The closest 1210, and the only one in TX, is in San Juan in Hidalgo County in the LRGV. A commercial station on AM can only have a translator that does not extend its licensed daytime coverage area.

Well the program was mentioning God and saying things like WITH GOD EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE EVERYTHING WE DO WE SHOULD DO IT WITH GOD BEING IN FRONT LET HIM LEAD US.
Didn't listen long enough to hear if it was a opening or what it really was.

Well the program was mentioning God and saying things like WITH GOD EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE EVERYTHING WE DO WE SHOULD DO IT WITH GOD BEING IN FRONT LET HIM LEAD US.
Didn't listen long enough to hear if it was a opening or what it really was.

Well, those who follow The Beautiful Game know that if He were to watch any sport, it would be soccer!

But a non commercial one can have a translator that extends their license coverage area?

WITH GOD EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE EVERYTHING WE DO WE SHOULD DO IT WITH GOD BEING IN FRONT LET HIM LEAD US.

I can't ride in the HOV lane by myself and proclaim that I'm doing it with God himself (or herself...depending on your religion) in front of me...(but you could make a hell of a defense in traffic court by reason of insanity)

The folks at K247CP got a set of balls, that much I can say. I hope all 3 broadcasters affected by K247CP can resolve this interference issue

But a non commercial one can have a translator that extends their license coverage area?
Yes, but only if it's non commercial.

I believe there used to be a rule that allowed commercial stations to do the same, but the translator owner had to have zero affiliation with the owners of the commercial station and could not profit from it either. I may be misremembering so someone here more knowledgeable with FCC rules could tell you more accurately.

Well, those who follow The Beautiful Game know that if He were to watch any sport, it would be soccer!
Yes, but this is Texas. And only three things matter in Texas; Church, Guns and Football.

Soccer is just a commie plot to overthrow our great capitalist country....or so I heard.

Yes, but this is Texas. And only three things matter in Texas; Church, Guns and Football.

Y'all neglected to include pick-up trucks.

So it seems they have lowered their signal.

If they did, it was temporary.

Right now, they're broadcasting a dead carrier. It has full quieting, with no static at all in Katy.

The dead carrier is wiping out both 97.1 and 97.5.

97.1 was playing a Garth Brooks song just now, and it was far more static than Garth.

Right now, they're broadcasting a dead carrier. It has full quieting, with no static at all in Katy.

97.1 was playing a Garth Brooks song just now, and it was far more static than Garth.

I'm almost 99% sure they know about these forums and are reading, playing with our emotions and seeing if we'll say anything. I remember a (now formerly) Guel LPFM in San Antonio that when it began, was changing formats and playing with me when I was writing on these forums about it. I've heard they got away from Guel by now though, at least.

Interestingly, we had minor DX activity in Southeast TX last night. In the north part of Harris county, the 95.1 translator was getting destroyed by KYKR and the 106.1 translator was drowned out by KIOC.

Yet magically, four translators managed to fight off the eastern invasion. The 92.5, 105.3, 94.1, and 104.5 translators were still there. You could hear KKMY, KCOL, KTWL and KQXY trying to bleed in when moving around, but those little translators just held on for dear life.

Now ain't that just the darndest thing???

Did a scan this afternoon of all the FM HD subchannels, and I still can't find any originating station for the translator on 97.3.

Interestingly, we had minor DX activity in Southeast TX last night. In the north part of Harris county, the 95.1 translator was getting destroyed by KYKR and the 106.1 translator was drowned out by KIOC.

Yet magically, four translators managed to fight off the eastern invasion. The 92.5, 105.3, 94.1, and 104.5 translators were still there. You could hear KKMY, KCOL, KTWL and KQXY trying to bleed in when moving around, but those little translators just held on for dear life.

Now ain't that just the darndest thing???

Experienced the same thing in Spring last night, except on 105.3, K287BQ was still destroying KTWL.

Experienced the same thing in Spring last night, except on 105.3, K287BQ was still destroying KTWL.

I was in the same area (around 99 and I-45). Isn't it funny how all these translators owned by Centro cristiano de vida eterna were able to hold their own, yet other translators were wiped off the dial??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom