• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New 104.1 KVDU Application

WZRH lost around 1500 feet in antenna height, so coverage will be substantially less. Looks like predicted coverage fringes the SE part of Baton Rouge. I was in NOLA yesterday, and coverage there is solid.

WZRH lost around 1500 feet in antenna height, so coverage will be substantially less. Looks like predicted coverage fringes the SE part of Baton Rouge. I was in NOLA yesterday, and coverage there is solid.
That said it really seems to be under performing to the north and west. It may be by design to steer more gain towards NOLA since it's on a wide faced tower section. I'm sure Cumulus had the antenna optimized for their coverage intentions.

Posting an update on my experience driving in from the west... the new signal becomes listenable but with some interference around Siegen, decent around Prairieville and clear around Gonzales. Little or no sign of WZRH on the I-110, around downtown, 10/12 split, etc.

Essentially, the 60 dBu contour is where I start to have a clear signal and it does not perform as well as other stations around the 50 dBu contour.
That was pretty much my experience as well while visiting family in Baker & Zachary. Nonexistent in most of BR, weak in south BR around the mall and gradually stronger getting closer to Gonzales. Oddly enough, the signal was decent northwest of Zachary in the Plains and got better going towards Jackson on 964 and 68. Even as far away as St. Francisville the signal was fair. Must be higher terrain up there.

What is the latest with the potential 104.1 KVDU and 103.7 Hattiesburg swap? Is it just me or is 104.1 audio sound kind of distorted - compared to other iHeart stations. Seems like this isn't an issue for the engineering team because of what is about to take place?
Heard from Tom, my ex assistant.. The Omnia had seemed to lost a lot of the presence so he rebooted it and that seemed to fix the problem.

I need to come on more.. was surprised 92.3 didn't at least try for 1000 ft. Which is a normal height in these parts, but yes, sw on Bayou, you can hear picket fencing some mornings.. cause being so low.

104.1 being on an aux tower still has pretty good coverage on the bayou... as I used to pick it up better than 92.3 on aux transmitter.

But yeah waiting for them to make move as they advertise COL as Gonzales, but station has zero signal there. Waiting on one of those who hate I heart to bring this fact up with FCC...

I need to come on more.. was surprised 92.3 didn't at least try for 1000 ft. Which is a normal height in these parts, but yes, sw on Bayou, you can hear picket fencing some mornings.. cause being so low.

104.1 being on an aux tower still has pretty good coverage on the bayou... as I used to pick it up better than 92.3 on aux transmitter.

But yeah waiting for them to make move as they advertise COL as Gonzales, but station has zero signal there. Waiting on one of those who hate I heart to bring this fact up with FCC...
I worked in Gonzales 4 months. 1041 does reach Gonzales

I worked in Gonzales 4 months. 1041 does reach Gonzales
Not at the moment. As I stated in an earlier post, KVDU lost 1500 feet in antenna height when the tower in Vacherie collapsed. The auxiliary site in New Orleans covers the NOLA metro area, but not a whole lot beyond. Once the new site is built and operating, they will put a city grade signal over Gonzales and Baton Rouge. iHM will cover NOLA once WFFX moves to a new site licensed to Marrero.

Not at the moment. As I stated in an earlier post, KVDU lost 1500 feet in antenna height when the tower in Vacherie collapsed. The auxiliary site in New Orleans covers the NOLA metro area, but not a whole lot beyond. Once the new site is built and operating, they will put a city grade signal over Gonzales and Baton Rouge. iHM will cover NOLA once WFFX moves to a new site licensed to Marrero.
I know its not like in N.O. but I can pick it up at my house in livingston parish. As in now..

Btw any idea why they sound like am AM with no highs? This is not just due to weak signal. It sounds the same in N.O. Got to be mono but it sounds dreadful.

Btw any idea why they sound like am AM with no highs? This is not just due to weak signal. It sounds the same in N.O. Got to be mono but it sounds dreadful.
Must be because of a problem with the audio processing or the equipment. But I haven’t heard their signal much because I can’t catch it from Zachary. I did hear it a few weeks ago when i picked up a bunch of New Orleans stations on my speaker because of a tropo. KVDU sounds terrible

Back
Top Bottom