• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Never got into much listening to oldies

Guess it's time to learn the lyrics to "Ain't We Got Fun", huh?

Every morning, every evening, ain't we got fun
Not much money, oh but honey, ain't we got fun
The rent's unpaid, dear, we haven't a car
But anyway, dear, we'll still go far

Even though we owe the grocer, ain't we got fun
Tax collector's getting closer, still we have fun
There's nothing surer, the rich get rich and the poor get poorer
In the meantime, in between time, ain't we got fun

KlunkLetter said:
icycool7227 said:
I don't get oldies stations and how this format succeeds. They don't play any new music so why does it bill well? I mean like other people have said who wants to hear old, old songs today?

Frame that quote and read it 40 years from now . . . and you will find your answer.
there has been some great posting here, great lyric research, great insight why each of us (and collectively) like oldies........... and the originator is "watching us like a one-eyed cat sitting at a sea food store" and chuckling.

Silkie said:

"Not only does Kahn use abrupt, colloquial--even ungrammatical--phrases, he abandons syntax for the telegraphic connections of conversation. Truncated phrases like not much money are the verbal equivalent of syncopated musical fragments."
—Philip Furia, The Poets of Tin Pan Alley: A History of America's Great Lyricists

;) ;D ::)

GridLeakBias said:
Silkie said:

"Not only does Kahn use abrupt, colloquial--even ungrammatical--phrases, he abandons syntax for the telegraphic connections of conversation. Truncated phrases like not much money are the verbal equivalent of syncopated musical fragments."
—Philip Furia, The Poets of Tin Pan Alley: A History of America's Great Lyricists

;) ;D ::)

Wow....now, that's a mouth full....very good GBL

a week ago sat, my hard drive died two days before i was set to back up all my files..4000 songs, from 63 through 93, 1000 vintage spots, and 400 vintage radio jingles..i run a weekend show on ustream under chuck lundi's rock box. i'm a old jock from the sixties just fooling around.. got a cam set up, ..pretty sick about the crash..i have a tech looking at the hd, hoping he can retrieve the files..but here i sit on turkey day rebuilding those files...so far have restored about half the music from cd's i burned..so i have a good start..more than enough to run the shows as i can add more week to week..its the spots and jingles i'm sick about than the tunes..but i have two pc's cranking out those as i speak..moral: BACK UP ALL YOUR STUFF!!!!!!! I'LL HAVE AN EXTERNAL HD THIS WEEKEND !!

deltas69 said:
moral: BACK UP ALL YOUR STUFF!!!!!!! I'LL HAVE AN EXTERNAL HD THIS WEEKEND !![/b][/i]

Good advice. External HDs are relatively inexpensive. And some anti-virus programs, like Norton 360, will back up for free.

today..black friday..walmart had a 1 tb external hd for 49.99..of course they were ALL gone before i got there..but the 320's were just 20.00 bucks more..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom