• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFI

Question??? Let's say air america back in the day ran there operation well....
Would they still be around ya think? Even though I don't agree w her I thought Stephanie miller was funny al franken not so much. Thank you and I will take my answer off the air 😂😂😂
I think if you read our previous comments of why conservative works (consensus) and why liberal doesn't (diverse), you get your answer. There's no market for it, there's no demand for it, and there's no money for it.
I've heard the same comments about talk radio given above by @TheBigA and earlier in this and other threads...That those on the political right tend to walk in lock step and will usually fall in line and follow whatever rhetoric their chosen politicians, talk hosts and "news" networks spoon feed them, while those on the left seem to be more free thinking and a bit fractured in their beliefs and priorities. Thus, its much easier to be successful in conservative talk vs. liberal.

The other thought I've heard is that the people easiest to whip into a bit of a frenzy are those who feel oppressed and who believe they're fighting for what they believe in. Much as those on the left were outspoken and held demonstrations in the 60s (from what I've heard - I wasn't alive then), those on the right either believe, or have been led to believe that they are the oppressed. They are the underdogs. Their rights are in jeopardy. Their way of thinking and systems of beliefs are in danger. Thus, it's much easier for right-wing talkers to pander to them, validate their beliefs and prejudices and "speak their language"

The same kind of went for Air America back in its day. When it first went on the air where I lived at the time, GW Bush was in office and those on the left were angry and felt the issues that were most important to them were getting the shaft. Stephanie Miller's theme music back then was "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. Once the election was over and Obama won, Stephanie immediately changed her theme song to "Walkin' on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Shortly after Barak was sworn in, our local Air America Station started airing 15 second teasers once every few hours that basically said "Air America brought an important message, and it did its job. Now that President Obama has been sworn in, our work is done...Next month Air America will be going way, and our station will become Sports Radio blah blah blah..." and they made the switch shortly after. In short, it was easier for Air America to have a message and an axe to grind when the other political party was in power and running things. Once Obama got in, while they could still sound off about certain members of Congress or republican governors here and there, it just wasn't as easy or "fun" as it was when they had GW Bush, Cheney, Hastert and others to whine about on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom