• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hope Media Group completes Way Media merger

I strongly doubt Hope Media Group would put KSBJ on a DFW signal as they already have WAY-FM as the primary programming on 89.7. WAY-FM is their national version of the KSBJ CCM format.
Agreed here. Seems as if they were going to supplement Way-FM with the KSBJ branding in Dallas, it would have occurred upon acquisition. A rebranded KSBJ to Way-FM would have been a more uniformed approach, but I fully understand them keeping the longtime branding in place for Houston. It has been there since, what, 1982?
However I am sure HMG is on the prowl for a primary DFW signal for Vida Unida. My guess might be KCBI, but that station could also be targeted by EMF for its K-Love network, should EMF purchase the DFW rights to the K-Love branding from Audacy (currently used for Classic Hits KLUV.)

Highly unlikely. Solomon Bachman stepped in to purchase KCBI from the Criswell Bible Institute with the full intention of keeping a local, faithed based instructional and music ministry in place. It would be hard to fathom an about face now, just to sell the flagship to Hope Media. For Vida Unida, a format struggling in its home market?
Another DFW possibility: Service Broadcasting finally cashes in and sells KKDA-FM and KRNB to Radio One, which then sells either KRNB or KZMJ to EMF or HMG. Radio One might make KROI part of an overall deal. Wild speculation, I know, but interesting to consider. Keep an eye on DFW.

That is a ton of moving parts. 104.5 & 105.7 to Urban One, just for them to resale one (or both) of the rimshots to EMF or Hope? How does that benefit either buyer, with city grade signals KLTY and KCBI already in the format?
I had wondered if WAY-FM would be added as an HD-2 in Houston, but nothing yet. Probably musically too close to KSBJ. KHVU and KSBJ are both in HD, but no additional subchannels. HMG has teased additional niche formats, but those might not launch until their new media production center is completed and operational.
To coin an old Clear Channel adage, "Less is more". Hope operates both format, so unless they are looking to fill out some of their digital subchannels, I don't know why they would do this. Other than the branding, and a slightly different presentation, KSBJ & Way-FM are basically one in the same.

More niche formats, you say? So far, NGEN on the old k-tru signal (and the coastal repeaters) garnered an absolutely subpar return. It did about the same on 91.7, as it did on the translator down in Sugarland. That's pretty much why it has been sent the digital or online route. Now, their latest attempt is a Spanish language version of CCM, which up to this point, has done very little to move the needle. If the foundation is looking to further spread themselves around with more target specific niche programming, wouldn't it be advisable to shore up the "bread and butter" formats first, before they get decide to get all cute?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom