• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Happy Days TV Sitcom

BobMSmith1959

Inactive
Inactive User
During the early days on Happy Days; seasons 1 and 2, I had notice from watching the earlier episodes of happy Days,
the Cunningham's home on the set were totally different. The set up in the living room and the kitchen area were both and arranged differently, apposed to the one that we've seen in the later episodes.

I have a question!!!

Did the Cunninghams had two different homes? or did they remodeled their same home in the later seasons?

Seasons 1 & 2 their living room were dark green color and the later seasons their living room were all bright colors.

I often wondered about that....

Does anyone knows the answere to this question???...

BobMSmith1959 said:
During the early days on Happy Days; seasons 1 and 2, I had notice from watching the earlier episodes of happy Days,
the Cunningham's home on the set were totally different. The set up in the living room and the kitchen area were both and arranged differently, apposed to the one that we've seen in the later episodes.

I have a question!!!

Did the Cunninghams had two different homes? or did they remodeled their same home in the later seasons?

Seasons 1 & 2 their living room were dark green color and the later seasons their living room were all bright colors.

The first two seasons were filmed with a laugh track and no audience. From season 3 on it was filmed in front of a studio audience with different sets.

Somewhere somebody said the first season was filmed with one camera then after that they used three, or maybe it was the other way around. So they changed the set to accommodate that, plus whatever other changes they made to the cast and whatnot.

Other than the later Fonzie jumping the shark episode, I wonder how much outside scenes were soundstage or really outside. I.e, Arnold's parking lot, etc. I know the Cunningham's driveway was soundstage with the basketball hoop & entrance to Fonzie's "above garage pad".

uncle2000mike said:
BobMSmith1959 said:

I have a question!!!

The first two seasons were filmed with a laugh track and no audience. From season 3 on it was filmed in front of a studio audience with different sets.

The same thing was done with "The Odd Couple" years earlier except IIRC TOC only had one season with the original set. I believe Tony Randall insisted on the change of set because he felt if there was going to be audience laughing it should be a live audience. I liked the original set better as it had all four walls while later seasons looked like a Broadway play taped for the folks at home. :)

Just IMHO, YMMV. :D

I like watching old "Brit-coms" on my local PBS station and you can notice a big difference from when they filmed inside vs outside. The inside shots were videotaped and outside shots for the most part were filmed. I heard it was because their videotaping equipment was too big and bulky to take outside and it was much easier just to use film outside.

YEKIMI said:
I like watching old "Brit-coms" on my local PBS station and you can notice a big difference from when they filmed inside vs outside. The inside shots were videotaped and outside shots for the most part were filmed. I heard it was because their videotaping equipment was too big and bulky to take outside and it was much easier just to use film outside.
What does this has to do with Happy Days?
Why are we dicussing Brit-coms for?
There way of living and their culture is way all together different than ours,
and there language is very hard to understand!

If there were was a brittish verson of Happy Days, it would be a very weird show!
just try to imagine that the brittish people over in England if they try to all dress up like Fonzie and say Haaayyy!
or even better yet, saying the expression: "Go Sit On It"

If Happy Days were British they'd all sit around Arnold's drinking tea instead of malts...and Potsy would be named Chauncie. :D

If Happy Days were British they'd all sit around Arnold's drinking tea instead of malts...and Potsy would be named Chauncie.

And Chauncie would be riding around on a scooter instead of a motorcycle...

And instead of Cunningham Hardware, Howard could go into business as Steptoe's new partner in the 'rag and bone trade'. ;D

Instead of Chuck Berry, Connie Francis, Les Paul & Mary Ford & the Everly Bros, there would be Robson & Jerome, Sandie Shaw, Anne Shelton, Lonnie Donegan & Shirley Bassey. :D

back to the topic... as far as the script and story line.. Mr. Cunningham did run a hardware store.. I'm sure he could fix up the house different every week if he wanted... kinda goes without sayin..

Another thought about Jenny Piccolo...back then girls weren't popular if they "slept around". Joanie always talked about Jenny Piccolo knowing "adult type things". Since the show is so wholesome, is the viewer to think Jenny just reads about or hears about sex or that Jenny does "get around"?
Same with Fonzie. They never show girls sleeping overnight or shacking up with him. In reality, Fonzie would most likely have a fleet of illegitimate kids or ended up marrying one of the "Velezzio Twins".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom