• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gow decides to sell all stations..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would serve sbs to have a second station in the market and a third with the translator.
SBS is struggling to pay for the KROI purchase. Doubt they have the money for additional stations unless they find a buyer for their TV assets. And as David Eduardo has posted, SBS is not interested in rimshots, and KFNC is the worst of that bunch in Houston.

a bit uptight astros. Every station is for sale for the right price and everyone in the radio industry knows your job is day to day. I won't sit here and share evidence but if you google a pretty popular page that handles buying and selling stations you might find all the proof you seek. My source is coming directly from inside the building.
Allow me to elucidate a certain matter for your better understanding. I have retired from the field of Broadcasting and I simply engage in these discussions solely for amusement and enjoyment. You are entitled to hold a perspective. You possess the entitlement to express your viewpoint. However, when this viewpoint is founded solely on one's emotions, it is erroneous. Your statement is inconsistent as you initially claimed that someone from within Gow Media provided the information, later it was a client, but then you mentioned it is available on a broker's website. I am not being excessively strict "uptight" about your comments; rather, I simply want to ensure that you communicate with substantiated information. All items are available for purchase at the appropriate cost. I am advanced in age and presently in retirement. I wish I still had the vigour and youthfulness that you, being at the age of 39 or 40, still possess, enabling you to engage in contentious battles regarding matters of others' possessions and finances.

That is correct you forget who else shares that same office. My client does not work for Gow but shares the same office space and happens to be part of this deal if it were ever to happen. Digital assets are not part of the deal. Deal does indicate that 1560 is currently generating 300k a year which seems a bit on the LOW SIDE.

That is correct you forget who else shares that same office. My client does not work for Gow but shares the same office space and happens to be part of this deal if it were ever to happen. Digital assets are not part of the deal. Deal does indicate that 1560 is currently generating 300k a year which seems a bit on the LOW SIDE.

$300K for 1560? seems good, to me. 1520 wanted like $20,000 or so a month and while its a daytimer, it has a better signal than 1560

That $300,000 is presumably the lease fee that gow is making for doing almost nothing.

And they havent spent any money to fix whatever is wrong with the signal pattern/array

That is correct you forget who else shares that same office. My client does not work for Gow but shares the same office space and happens to be part of this deal if it were ever to happen.
Power 105.3 shares office space with Gow; I recall one of the 97.5 hosts talking about that. Wanting off of the translator? Actual potential buyer? Do they have the money?🤔🤑

$300K for 1560? seems good, to me. 1520 wanted like $20,000 or so a month and while its a daytimer, it has a better signal than 1560

That $300,000 is presumably the lease fee that gow is making for doing almost nothing.

And they havent spent any money to fix whatever is wrong with the signal pattern/array
Translators in Houston go for about 60k a month plus the cost to lease an HD is another 7-8k lets call it 70k a month you're looking at over 750k a year for a translator.

Translators in Houston go for about 60k a month plus the cost to lease an HD is another 7-8k lets call it 70k a month you're looking at over 750k a year for a translator.

$70K a month for a translator and HD channel is insane.

Well, i can see why translators in houston go for that since they run 2kw into god knows how many antenna bays

If these translators operated legally, theres no way theyd command that much.. not a freakin chance.

$70K a month for a translator and HD channel is insane.

Well, i can see why translators in houston go for that since they run 2kw into god knows how many antenna bays

If these translators operated legally, theres no way theyd command that much.. not a freakin chance.
Very much worth it. Some on here really won't recognize how much one of these translators actually sell with very little overhead.

In my perspective, this scenario can be categorized as one that is predominantly influenced by subjective views with scanty or no substantiation. I have never stated that KGOW (1560 AM) is not capable of being sold. If the price is suitable, everything can be purchased. Let us adhere to the facts. KGOW has entered into a highly profitable, enduring leasing agreement with a Vietnamese radio , which greatly benefits the Gow media company. Indeed, Gow Media has the ability to sell KGOW am as well as KFNC; however, they do not possess any additional radio stations within their ownership to offer for sale. The ownership of 92.5 remains with Hector's former spouse.
Message boards are filled with speculation, rumors and "what if's". This may or may not be true, but the discussion of station values and the viability of the Gow properties in the future is interesting.

And... there was no need to file four nearly identical moderator complaints about the thread. That's abusive and a waste of our time. You are not David Gow (but we'd welcome a clarification from him, of course) so you have no more rights here than the other posters.

Power 105.3 shares office space with Gow; I recall one of the 97.5 hosts talking about that. Wanting off of the translator? Actual potential buyer? Do they have the money?🤔🤑
Burger-chan is on the ground floor of the 97.5 building. I don’t know if Houston is ready for an all-burger talk format though.

OK, we are now at the low tide level on this subject, which is totally unconfirmed to begin with. I've gotten a half-dozen emails and reports saying this is a false rumor and there is no verification.

Closing the thread after the all-burger format got mentioned! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Would serve sbs to have a second station in the market and a third with the translator.
SBS established a policy about 20 years ago to not buy (and to divest) anything but relatively full signals. Even the Houston pending purchase is a station that may not seem to be full signal, but as far as covering the HDHAs and Hispanic populations, it is indeed a complete signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom