• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fall Nielsen Ratings

This is a pretty easy formula. When you talk about a "viable broadcast operation", you have no idea what the expenses vs revenue and cash flow and debt service is. Would Townsquare go under if they simply targeted a 55 plus audience? Of course they would. They need to answer to stockholders, for the huge money they paid for these radio stations, and the expenses they have with payroll, etc. They would be fired if they made a 100K profit. I wouldn't. I do not need to pay for huge facilities across the country, over-paid stations, and budgets that keep going up because stockholders expect huge returns.

Buffalo is an old, non transient city. No one serves the over 55 population in terms of radio, especially in the metro. WECK does. That is our niche. It is far better to be a "master of one, than a jack of all trades" - my company does not sell digital, we do not sell, social...we focus on radio, and serving our audience the right way. We do this will customer focused ideas, programming geared toward adults over 50 - that's it. Someone has who makes the music decisions. I do. I make every decision. I ask for opinions of my trusted staff, like Glen Topolski, my PD...It is a team effort and I love that. I want every staff person to feel like they own the stations. All my staff has a stake in making sure WECK does great. :Great" can mean a lot of things. Fiscally, emotionally, audience size...the whole thing. I am happy with the 45-60K weekly cume audience that WECK reaches. I want to grow it, and I am working on many ways to do that. I try to keep you folks informed, because I know each of you is interested in broadcasting. I appreciate that. I like to share my vision. I was blessed enough to have my own stations, and I am trying to do the right thing. Its always a work in progress, but I am happy where we stand right now. But I do realize that if you don't grow, you die.

Fascinating. If there was a 'thumbs up' emoji here, I'd click it. I'd love to listen more, but (as I've indicated) the psycho/acoustic impression I get freaks me out.

BTW, Harv Moore and I must be on the same grocery shopping schedule at Wegman's. I chuckled to myself, 'cuz this time, at the exact very instant I saw him (picking out his bananas), the in-store radio announced "Here's another golden oldie from Wegman's Radio". Then, Build Me Up Buttercup (Foundations, I think?) started. It seemed very fitting!! lol

Heads up: Tomorrow around 5pm, AllAccess.com will have the Winter '18 Phase 1 ratings for both Buffalo and Rochester.

Heads up: Tomorrow around 5pm, AllAccess.com will have the Winter '18 Phase 1 ratings for both Buffalo and Rochester.

This will only show the subscribers of the Winter book and the Trends. WECK is not a winter book or trend subscriber. Many stations you will not see in the All Access

This will only show the subscribers of the Winter book and the Trends. WECK is not a winter book or trend subscriber. Many stations you will not see in the All Access

Which, if past history is any indication, means that-at best-only 2 of the 3 local clusters will be included.

HOPEFULLY, others on here can share the information as they are able to do so legally.

Which, if past history is any indication, means that-at best-only 2 of the 3 local clusters will be included.

HOPEFULLY, others on here can share the information as they are able to do so legally.

One cluster subscribes to trends. Townsquare

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom