• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Even Kids listen to Oldies - What do the radio executives know

hornet61 said:
To date the best movie I have seen where the music chronolgy is almost flawless is "A Bronx Tale", a Robert DeNiro film... and Martin Scorsesse (probably mis-spelled his name)is another guy who has great music in his movies that seem to fit all the time periods.

Check out a little known movie called "Mischief". Great '50s music. And it stars Kelly Preston as we've never seen her before.

Everyone knows that the "stacks of wax" are the "platters that matter".

Ah yes - the "Goldie Oldies"

I was listening to Cousin Brucie's show on XM/Sirius tonight.

I read in his autobiography, Cruisin' America, that he took the handle, "Cousin Brucie", after he gave a woman on the train (or bus - the means of transporation escapes me right now) some change - a quarter or 50 cents - and she said, "Thank you, cousin". He was thinking for some time that he needed a gimmick, a catchy radio name. The woman who called him "cousin" inspired the radio name, "Cousin Brucie".

Silkie said:
I was listening to Cousin Brucie's show on XM/Sirius tonight.

I read in his autobiography, Cruisin' America, that he took the handle, "Cousin Brucie", after he gave a woman on the train (or bus - the means of transporation escapes me right now) some change - a quarter or 50 cents - and she said, "Thank you, cousin". He was thinking for some time that he needed a gimmick, a catchy radio name. The woman who called him "cousin" inspired the radio name, "Cousin Brucie".

I thought I read that the woman had come up to him in the studio when he was at 1010 WINS "back in the day"... 8)

Andrea

I thought I read that the woman had come up to him in the studio when he was at 1010 WINS "back in the day"...

His autobiography will clarify. Either way he gave her spare change for the fare. It has been a number of years since I read his book.

same here...but some things one NEVER EVER forgets... 8)

same here...but some things one NEVER EVER forgets...

That is good when one is an oldies diva. To me it is an interest. I like Cousin Brucie. If she was a walk in at a radio station, I shall stand corrected by the oldies diva.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom