• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Clark Howard retires from radio

He will continue with podcasts. On the last show he thanked his affiliates for supporting the show and indicated that it was his choice to end it.

It's loss for radio but since the show doesn't rely on breaking news a podcast should work fine.

The show seems to have been struggling in recent years, though my only proof is I just didn't hear it in many markets that I monitor. So certainly anecdotal. I thought he was excellent researching consumer issues but the program could drag at times.

It's not like most talkers have a lot of room for non political talk shows, and those that do often go with Ramsey, who's more politically and culturally in sync with the average listener to the political shows than Clark was.

Ramsey is replacing Clark on some stations which is a shame, IMO. You could usually learn something new from Clark. Ramsey just scolds callers for spending too much, tells them to pray or tries to sell them his stuff.

Ramsey has a big following. I won’t say cult, but certainly somewhat “cultish”. He has a very specific plan that may or may not be correct for everyone. But overall he has the best non political talk show out there.

Yes, unique isn’t always the best. He makes sense most of the time, until he drives over the cliff! What makes his show work is he isn’t afraid to call out bad financial decisions by callers and shame them and helping them in the same call. This is the formula that works for this show. Of course most of his profits don’t come from the radio show, though it does offer a nice platform to sell all the other Ramsey products, books, web, podcasts, seminars, etc. God bless him he found the way to fortune. Smart dude for sure.

Last edited:
He will continue with podcasts. On the last show he thanked his affiliates for supporting the show and indicated that it was his choice to end it.

It's loss for radio but since the show doesn't rely on breaking news a podcast should work fine.
What wasnt working fine with the original radio broadcast? Pretty sure hed be way more successful on terrestrial radio than a podcast where most of his listeners age group isn't located.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom