• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas Music

Understood. We are located in SF, but internet only here.
Comment all you want, @rustyhodge - you, your comments and information about your company are welcome here unless one of the moderators indicates otherwise. One of the great things about Radio Discussions is that everyone can speak freely and no one needs to restrict their comments to a certain topic within a particular discussion thread. Some of the best conversations on this site have occurred when posters happened to take a conversation in a new direction and it spurred some great banter.

I have a feeling that KOIT-96.5 (and many other stations around the country that go all-Christmas) may go as early as November 1st this year, given that Chicago's WLIT-93.9 did so last year and saw an immediate ratings spike.

That might convince other station managers and group executives that "If WLIT saw inflated ratings right away by going all-Christmas on November 1st, we should do so this year as we can charge higher holiday ad rates as soon as November 1st".

Money talks. Bullblank walks.

KBRG Amor should be launching their Spanish-language Christmas music around this coming week. Usually they play 1 song, every 30 minutes. They been doing this for the past 4 years or so.

In the last 3 hours, west coast time on this Sunday night; Gramdma did indeed get run over by reindeer at 5:51pm; The og Little Drummer (Harry Simeone Chorale version) did his thing at 6:33pm; And it was an O Holy Night at 7:08pm - And Baby, it was last cold outside at 6:16am this morning!

For what it's worth, KOIT's last Christmas song of 2023 was "Hey Santa" by Carnie and Wendy Wilson, played around 2am. Then around 2:03 was the "Today's Hits and Yesterday's Favorites" ident followed by Katy Perry's 2012 hit "Part of Me".

This isn't radio, but on TV, the Hallmark channel, along with numerous other "family friendly" channels, began airing 24/7 Christmas movies around November 1, and only stopped last night at midnight.

The music I can handle (I can tune in or out depending on my mood), but movies too?!

Incidentally, even though it's not in market, I'm pretty sure I heard Grandma Got Run Over on either KYNO or KVMI.

c

Back
Top Bottom