• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best Christian station

Hosanna Integrity is a joke.

I despise what their presentation stand for.

Have no intentions of catering to their musicians, should my dream work out.

Want to be a Derek Webb type of Christian radio station anyway and avoid the cheesy stuff on purpose.

God bless that man and others like him.

We need more his like anyway.

R.D.P. <><

Onetake and Rbrucecarter: two excellent essays on how we got to where we are.

My one response is this... where mention was made about the change in music about 15 years go. To discuss the change in music that can be "nailed down" as about 15 years ago... we also have to look at major changes in how we do church that also can now look back and say "15 years ago was a turning point". The statistics I see indicate that a majority of people who participate in worship on Sunday are still in smaller congregations with music styles the were popular 15 years ago including those who use very traditional music, including those who use "country gospel", etc.

A whole new style of church architecture has arrived in the last 15 years. Church building committees have an unappreciated influence over worship style, over the music we use, and even bigger... the buildings we build affect the THEOLOGY of a congregation on the next 50 years. (This is a somewhat radical idea that I hold that does not fit into our conversation here in a big way.)

What am I trying to say? Changes in the mood and style of the schools where our pastors go to study theology impact and change church music. Architectural designs are impacting the changes in music. Changes in the conditions of the broadcast industry as a whole (Not JUST the Christian programming stations) affect the changes in music. Changes in the music recording industry as a whole (Not JUST the Chrisitan recording industry) affect the changes in music.

Keep searching. Keep digging. Either the music will drive you, or you will (along with others) drive the music.

Oldies CCM is something KSBJ used to do in better days. They targeted it on Saturday night, when they knew kids would be out on dates and socializing, and probably not listening to the radio. It was an amazing show. The problem you will have is finding the music. A lot is out of print and not on iTunes. I had a lot of luck at garage sales and flea markets, but that was in the early 90's.

A few years ago, I found a lot of good stuff on GEMM.com and christianalbums.com, if you can use vinyl and/or cassettes.

Praise and Worship music is very boring and bland to me. Most of the songs I'm hearing from that style, are being sung by more than one musical performer. I can count at least 10 to 12 different versions of one Praise song, I currently have, in my collection and sadly those version are being sung by the more mainstream CCM performers. Shout to the Lord, Mighty to Save and I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever come to mind. This modern Praise musical format is just a fad anyway. I'm not seeing any original stuff coming from it. I was watching The Church Channel, recently and discovered that a new remake of a recent Chris Tomlin tune "Our God" from If Our God is for Us has now been released by Israel Houghton and His singers. I didn't particularly like the remake anyway. Thought it was very lame sounding. Christian music has lost its touch, far as I'm concerned. It's getting harder to find any real music to purchase and enjoy now. Even the recent release from my boy Mr. Michael Tait and Newsboys have songs that everyone and his brother have already sung and released. What has happened to creativity in Christian music. At one point, I can remember Christian music being different sounding and had a powerful message that I could relate too. Now when I buy the newer tunes, I'm not feeling that different sound and powerful message, I once heard during the early days of my CCM addiction. It seems like that most of Christian music now has become "Too Watered Down" to make a quick buck. Personally I'm very offended by it. When I first got into CCM, back in 1989, I could tell a difference between that style and it's secular counterparts. When I started buying the CCM songs, I could tell that this music was very different and offered a blunt message straight from the Bible. I could tell from my own listening experience, that I was listening to a Christian song, when I was checking it out. The sound quality may have not been perfect but you could tell these older musicians were trying to proclaim the real Gospel of Jesus Christ, as you listened to them. I also remember a time when the Christian labels were not owned by the big boys. They were owned by individuals who were not interested in almighty dollar. At the time of my discovery to CCM, it was hard to find this music. I had to order the songs I wanted from a local book store, purchase them from a musical concert I attended or from a book store in Montgomery. It's not too hard to find CCM now but I long for the time when CCM had more than money on its mind. Wish we could take it back to those days and get real with our message and presentation. Hence the reason why I will cater to the older songs, should my LPFM thingy work out. I want to remember those who helped put CCM on the map in the first place.

R.D.P. <><

Interesting. Just before I read your post, the song "hero" by the group Abandon was on the radio. That's as straight forward and powerful as any CCM song back in the 80's or 70's for that matter. And I loved those songs too. If Israel Houghton is your example of CCM music than it's no wonder you feel the way you do. I've been listening to CCM since the 70's, and as far as I'm concerned, there are just as many biblically based songs now as ever. I think it's unfair to say that CCM has become "too watered down to make a quick buck." The business side of things has always been part of the equation but it's not any different than it was 20 years ago.

I loved Hosanna Integrity music. It was my favorite music when I was younger in my 20's and 30's but stations stopped playing it as much and I have lost track of what has been going on with it. I used to love listening Sunday morning to Hosanna Integrity music. I did not like southern gospel and hymns so I was glad for Hosanna Integrity. But groups I did not care for like Casting Crowns and DC Talk to name a couple took over ccm music and others wanted to sound like them so I stopped liking ccm music. Everything started to sound the same and boring. The passion was gone. Now ccm sounds too loud for me when I used to wish it was louder.

I would also like to say that music is not neutral as most people on here say. Some music is disjointed and out balance with with nature. Loud rock and rap is not good. It kills plants and slowly kills us as well. And it is wrong for Christians to copy worldly music to try and sound like worldly artists to try and trick kids into listening. What is wrong is wrong. Again imitating the world to try to convert people is the wrong way to go about it. It is a false gospel. It can work for some people to get them to stop listening to secular rock and rap music and turn their attention to God. But the music itself still is not good and does not bring harmony and peace. Most music I now believe should be calming and relaxing and help us meditate on God. Most people I know will say that type of music is boring. But it is a trick of our enemy.

brian.marchand said:
I would also like to say that music is not neutral as most people on here say. Some music is disjointed and out balance with with nature. Loud rock and rap is not good. It kills plants and slowly kills us as well...

Institute for Basic Life Principles?

brian.marchand said:
I loved Hosanna Integrity music. It was my favorite music when I was younger in my 20's and 30's but stations stopped playing it as much and I have lost track of what has been going on with it. I used to love listening Sunday morning to Hosanna Integrity music. I did not like southern gospel and hymns so I was glad for Hosanna Integrity. But groups I did not care for like Casting Crowns and DC Talk to name a couple took over ccm music and others wanted to sound like them so I stopped liking ccm music. Everything started to sound the same and boring. The passion was gone. Now ccm sounds too loud for me when I used to wish it was louder.

I would also like to say that music is not neutral as most people on here say. Some music is disjointed and out balance with with nature. Loud rock and rap is not good. It kills plants and slowly kills us as well. And it is wrong for Christians to copy worldly music to try and sound like worldly artists to try and trick kids into listening. What is wrong is wrong. Again imitating the world to try to convert people is the wrong way to go about it. It is a false gospel. It can work for some people to get them to stop listening to secular rock and rap music and turn their attention to God. But the music itself still is not good and does not bring harmony and peace. Most music I now believe should be calming and relaxing and help us meditate on God. Most people I know will say that type of music is boring. But it is a trick of our enemy.

I was actually going to post this under a new topic, but then I read your post. This is an excellent secular article describing a tale of two Stanleys in Atlanta:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/17/us/andy-stanley/index.html

Although a secular article, it is a sensitive, well written story about the difference in ministry approach between father and son. The key takeaway, on my part is that now - instead of one mega church in Atlanta, there are two. So if I am reading this correctly, there are two ways God moves in Atlanta, traditional and contemporary. God is moving in two opposite directions at once - meeting each group of Christians at their point of need.

I am really sorry you feel the way you do about Christian rock. And you are absolutely right - but only for yourself. My strong advice to you is not to listen to Christian rock, listen to traditional music of your choice. My other strong advice is - do not presume to judge God when he moves in directions contrary to your personal musical taste. He is moving to reach a different set of believers than you - you should not get in His way - at the peril of being completely contrary to God's movement and will for them.

I certainly do not presume to judge another believer's taste in music - to call them wrong or less spiritual than myself because they like hymns, southern gospel, Hosanna Integrity, or whatever it is that might grate on my nerves or bore me to sleep. I'm glad that music is there, it is God moving to reach somebody who is different from me - which is fantastic! Let Him move - the more people brought into the Kingdom. As long as I don't have to listen or go there.

Let me clear up some misconceptions:

(1) About the loudness of Christian music. Psalm 33. If you don't like the volume level in a church, use earplugs. If you don't like the volume on the radio, turn the radio down with the volume knob. Its not that hard!

(2) About plants - I suggest you consult the Mythbusters program on Discovery channel. They thoroughly and completely busted the plant / music / criticizm / encouragement myths. It is an embarrassment to Christ when this old chestnut gets brought up over and over again in defense of hymns over Christian rock. Heresy and teaching falsehoods - preached for an agenda, no matter how noble, is still heresy. Plants are soleless living things who are neither saved nor unsaved, they merely exist as part of God's creation. Because they are neither saved nor unsaved, studying them for insights as to spirituality of a musical style is completely pointless. Please - move on before you further embarrass Christ with this rubbish. It is BUSTED - as the Mythbusters say.

(3) As far as disjointed music - I assume you are talking about the anapestic beat common in Christian (and secular) rock music. I've even heard it argued that the anapestic beat can disrupt heartbeats. This is so ridiculous that it is laughable. The anapestic beat existed in music, even church music, for centuries. Rock music didn't invent it. It merely took an uncommon musical beat and used it stylistically. And - there is almost as much Christian (and secular for that matter) rock music that uses 4:4 beats these days. In spite of itself, just about every style of music invents nothing new, only adapting old techniques and re-using them. The anapestic beat was under explored, musicians have explored it. Minor keys were under utilized in music, now they are being explored with interesting results. If anything, Christian and secular rock have opened up new avenues of music that enrich the entire experience of music. Not limited them.

(4) As far as "copying" the world's music. I cannot count the number of traditional hymns that are merely Christian lyrics applied to secular tunes. Since it is Christmas season, I'll point out one example. The wonderful Christmas Carol "What Child is This" was written to the tune of "Greensleaves". It goes on and on - Christians copying the world. As long as it agrees with your musical agenda, you are OK with it. But using rock style music to reach today's Christians is somehow wrong? Double standard on your part. Christians have done it for two millenia. Time to lay that tired old argument to rest.

(5) The old music should be calming and help us meditate on the word of God. Put us to sleep is more like it. Attend a church that does this before the sermon, and 30 minutes into the sermon look around for people nodding off to sleep. Do the same thing in a church that plays an upbeat song before the sermon, and look at their audience 30 minutes into the sermon. Big difference, I can tell you - I've done the experiment. Some people - like you, like to be calmed. That is OK, by all means attend that type of church. Some of us think the Christian walk is exciting, invigorating, and active. We prefer music that excites us and invigorates us, gets us alert and awake for the message to come, which is equally exciting and life changes. I'll tell you what - I won't judge your church if you won't judge mine.

Trying to force one group of Christians into a mold that works for you is trying to play God and tell God what to do. That is playing God, trying to exercise authority that is not yours to exercise, and the worst type of sin. I've been open and honest on here - not judging anybody for their musical taste, but saying it is OK for them. At the same time, I would sure like the same measure of respect from others - who won't presume to judge me for mine. We are all going to heaven - listening to different music on different stations, attending different churches, and that is exactly God's plan. To meet everybody at their point of need. Please - release God to move in directions other than your narrow perspective. You will discover a love for your Christian brothers and sisters in Christ, in a measure you have never experienced before.

Lamont Lester said:
brian.marchand said:
I would also like to say that music is not neutral as most people on here say. Some music is disjointed and out balance with with nature. Loud rock and rap is not good. It kills plants and slowly kills us as well...

I remember when they came to Houston over 30 years ago. I was out helping with a fundraiser to put KSBJ on the air, the same night as the seminar so I couldn't go. Everybody that went to the seminar came back - strange. Any defense of CCM was met with real - shunning - kind of like the Amish or something. How dare I challenge the teaching of Bill Gothard who said CCM is bad? And the girls were suddenly not going out with anybody - like "what is your motivation, brother?". Out of curiosity, I asked to see the seminar notebook and was met with "no - it violates copyright". I sort of thought that the seminar was almost cult-like after that - secret society stuff, and not really anxious to go myself. Not when people got weird like that after attending.

rbrucecarter5 said:
I was actually going to post this under a new topic, but then I read your post. This is an excellent secular article describing a tale of two Stanleys in Atlanta:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/17/us/andy-stanley/index.html

Although a secular article, it is a sensitive, well written story about the difference in ministry approach between father and son. The key takeaway, on my part is that now - instead of one mega church in Atlanta, there are two. So if I am reading this correctly, there are two ways God moves in Atlanta, traditional and contemporary. God is moving in two opposite directions at once - meeting each group of Christians at their point of need.

I believe that link was an on-line version of a feature article in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution about three weeks ago.

There are far more mega-churches in Atlanta than two. The size of the church(es) was not the main focus of the story. That father-and-son would go their separate ways and then come to a time of reconciliation was the main focus of the story. The "factoid" in the article that took me by surprise was their statement that Andy Stanley's church has the second largest weekly worship attendance of all congregations in the nation... second only to Joel Osteen.

Charles Stanley (the father) has been big in broadcasting on TV. His broadcast ministry in essence bought the close-out of The Baptist Hour and other broadcast remnants of the Southern Baptist Radio and TV Commission. That their music is "traditional" is second place to the fact that apparently their entire worship style is traditional.

Andy Stanley (the son) has no broadcast involvement that I am aware of. They are early adopters of the multi-site worship methodology. I don't get the idea that their focus is "contemporary music" so much as it is a comple reinvention of the entire worship process into a "contemporary content" event.

Though I worship in the shadow of his main location, and live in the shadow of one of his retmote-site congregations, I have never worshipped in their location. I sat in a seminar presentation by Andy about three years ago. Picture Steve Jobs, the late founder of Apple Computers, deciding he would become a Christian minister and pour himself into church even more profoundly than he did Apple. If you can picture that, you have a picture of Andy Stanley in my estimation.

They are what they would put in the dictionary as a picture of Innovative. But they are not My idea of what I want church to be as an experience for my own worship.

I don't think you can use North Pointe Ministries as a poster child for any one genre of today's contemporary Christian music styles.

Hopefully someone who is actually part of that church is reading this forum and can chime in with some descriptions and observations that are a more accurate picture of that congregation than my view from the shadow in which I live. ;D

Lamont Lester said:
brian.marchand said:

I am not familiar with the Institute for Basic Life Principles.

Hello Bruce,

I appreciate your passion and I was once like you. I do not want to judge you or anyone. I only wanted to make a statement of what I believe as you are doing. Instead now you have judged me according to who you thought I am and you have attempted to then correct who you thought that I was.

Most of my life I have liked Christian rock music. I am sad that you are setting up an idea in your mind of who I am from a couple of statements I made. You are assuming I am conservative christian which I am not. I do not believe in the atonement so I do not like christian traditional music nor Christian lyrics and hymns. And I do not like Christmas music. I say that because you tried to make an argument using those things that since I like those things but not christian rock I was a hypocrite. I do believe in and love God and Jesus so I like to follow Christ's teachings. But I do not believe the bible is inherent. I believe it has mistakes. I do not like labels but you could say I am new age. I like studying what has been taught from near death experiences and learning from them.

To me the Church is boring and full of wrong teachings and wrong doctrine and boring music. I do not like church and I do not go to church. I do not like hymns and I do not like listening to sermons. I think the church as it is based around listening to a preacher is wrong. And I agree upbeat music wakes you up. I have always preferred upbeat music. I am not judging you at all. I am happy for you or others like you. God has everything under control.

The main thing I like is classical instrumental music. But I could also point to a lot of other songs I like across all kinds of music styles.

You and some others like RDP have wrote about how you do not like praise and worship and now hosanna music so I wanted to say I for one have liked it. I am not going to judge anyone personally the kind of music they like or their relationship to God which you are saying I may be doing if they choose to like or listen to Christian Rock or rap. It is what I have liked most of my life and still like some of it. However it's like smoking or eating junk food in that the music itself is not good for your body, mind and spirit. That is all I am saying. And from that you have gone on to assume a great many things about me.

You are wrong about plants but of course I know you will not except it. Plants are living things. Loud driving beats is not good for plants or us. That is all I am saying. I know you will not agree. New Age teaching says rock music drives spiritual energy down so to speak instead of up wards toward God. That would be my beliefs in what I am trying to understand. So that may be the direction you want to take in judging who you think I am am instead of the conservative christian angle you took.

I am not trying to force anyone into anything. I have no authority. Why do you say or think I have authority? I know you think you now the type who say rock music is bad and then you infer all those things on me. It is kind of crazy how you set up all these arguments. I feel for you. But I love and appreciate you for who you are. I love your passion. And God loves you too.

Bruce my musical background is also not hymns or gospel. I was raised Catholic. Then was Assembly of God most of my adult life with upbeat worship. I considered myself born again. Grew up watching PTL for couple years as well. I attended Christian Rock concerts like Stryper, Petra, Degarmo and Key and Mylon LeFevre and still like them. I always felt like I was the odd one listening to ccm and christian rock in school and at work. I loved KOKF 90.9 in Oklahoma City and KZZD Wichita and Air1. One example here is I did not like the metal music on KOKF 90.9 overnights and think it is wrong. The metal music sounds like from you now where. If it reaches someone great and I do not judge any specific person but I do not think it is good or right. I have always felt most secular music is not good

brian.marchand said:
Bruce my musical background is also not hymns or gospel. I was raised Catholic. Then was Assembly of God most of my adult life with upbeat worship. I considered myself born again. Grew up watching PTL for couple years as well. I attended Christian Rock concerts like Stryper, Petra, Degarmo and Key and Mylon LeFevre and still like them. I always felt like I was the odd one listening to ccm and christian rock in school and at work. I loved KOKF 90.9 in Oklahoma City and KZZD Wichita and Air1. One example here is I did not like the metal music on KOKF 90.9 overnights and think it is wrong. The metal music sounds like from you now where. If it reaches someone great and I do not judge any specific person but I do not think it is good or right. I have always felt most secular music is not good

The key words here are "I like". That is great - like whatever you want. Worship in whatever way leads you to be closer to Jesus Christ. And certain types of music can be wrong for you, so abstain. Just never - ever - slam somebody else for their musical taste, way of worship, or walk with the Lord. That is their business, and your personal opinion is irrelevant to their walk with the Lord.

I'd REALLY give up on the plant argument, because you are embarrassing yourself. The Mythbusters tested it, it was busted, end of story. I tried to look it up on the Discovery.com site, but they don't have a search function. But I did look up the one about plants having feelings, and that one, too was totally busted:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/plants-have-feelings.htm

I did eventually find one where they had three groups of plants, and played tapes of compliments to one, insults to another, and silence to the third. The plants did marginally better in the presence of speech, but didn't differentiate between insults and compliments. I'll keep looking for the music result.

When good science has been done, the results are clear, we in the Christian community are well advised NOT to link our faith to science that has been disproved / busted / is incorrect, etc. The Catholic church tried that with the earth at the center of the solar system theory - no matter how much pain and misery they inflicted, the sun centered solar system was the truth. It took them until the 1990's to sheepishly admit they were wrong. Plants don't prefer one musical style over another. You can probably crank the volume up to the point where it would damage the physical structure of the plant, but that is independent of musical style. Glass shattering human voice volume from opera would probably do more damage than low bass from a pipe organ or rock band, because the velocity is related to sound frequency.

brian.marchand said:

I can get any number of similar articles from the dial the "truth" web site. These are filled with pseudo-science and opinion. They are not serious scientific works. Science is theologically neutral - truth is truth regardless of the faith (or lack of) those involved. So any statements about the theological nature of a music is - well - completely subjective and valueless. I am interested in truth - not opinion, not psedo-science.

Personal opinions by the authors about the musical training, skill, and creativity of one style of music over another are offensive. I know some musical artists personally - out of respect for you - I won't say what I want to say for insulting personal friends of mine. I can assure you that some of them are classically trained and influenced, and choose to create music in the field of rock to exceed the limitations of the musical instruments available to them in classical music. They can extend the boundaries of what is possible musically by going into different genres and different types of instruments.

If you want to look at the theological instructions for music from the Bible:

Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Psalm 150:
1 Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

Research the instruments and you are pretty close to a contemporary Christian band in a church. And some pretty loud, exciting music. There are additional examples. And I am sure you can find examples that you think contradict them - I've seen them all, and all are completely subjective and depend on the personal preference for musical style on the part of the reader. Scripture is on the side of Christian rock music. End of story.

http://mercury7rising.com/music 4.html

Some would say that the rock music that they listen to isn't bad or satanic. They say that it is very idealistic, and that the words are beautiful. And what about Christian rock? It's meant to have a Christian, not satanic, influence. Even when the words of a song expresss truth and beauty, however, the rock (and rap) beat is still harmful, and the bad vibration does not justify a good cause. Remember, the rock beat, not the words, killed plants and weakened muscles. The rock beat drives energy down to the lower chakras where it is released in some form of a man's lower nature (ex., carnally, instead of spiritually). The rock beat drains the chakras of Life-force and the Light that will one day be needed for one's ascension and reunion with God. Rock music may be enjoyable to most people, but so are sweets and sugar, and sugar can weaken the will and destroy the body.

Where does the Life-force, Light go that is lost by those who listen to rock music? It goes to rock entities and to rock musicians! There are many types of entities - rock, jazz, sugar,
cigarette, alcohol, sex, anger, depression, suicide, etc. Entities are spirits that are like parasites or leeches because they attach themselves to humans and live off their Life-force. Since they don't have God as an energy source, they must get their energy from people in order to survive. In order to get that energy, they must get people to lose it by getting them angry, lustful, gettng them to desire cigarettes, alcohol, sweets, getting them to listen to rock and jazz, etc. When people succumb to these temptations and desires, they lose their energy to
their entities who suck it out of them. One big reason why people have such a great difficulty giving up the things that they're addicted to is because their entities don't want them to stop, because if they did they would lose their source of energy. People need to cut themselves free of their entities if they want to stop their negative behavior. Since Satanism is so much
part of rock music and everything else that's wrong in this world (ex., immoral sex, drugs, violence), it stands to reason that their entities and demons would try to get people to lose their energy to them.

Bruce we will not agree or convince each other because we each already have our minds made up and think we are smarter than the other. :) I know rock is important to you and others. However since you like to give reasons why you think you are right and if I say nothing it might appear I have come over to your side hahaha. That is why I wanted to give my side above.

brian.marchand said:
Bruce we will not agree or convince each other because we each already have our minds made up and think we are smarter than the other. :) I know rock is important to you and others. However since you like to give reasons why you think you are right and if I say nothing it might appear I have come over to your side hahaha. That is why I wanted to give my side above.

You are right, we will never agree. Chakras and light force - sounds more like Star Wars than science. If Christian rock were universally bad, people wouldn't be getting saved because of Christian rock music and Christian rock concerts. They wouldn't get saved in churches playing Christian rock music, nor would Christian rock radio have a powerful influence in young people's lives drawing them to Christ. Satan is not going to be behind something that is drawing people to Christ. All of the evidence, scientifically and spiritually says that musical style is completely neutral, it is the message in the lyrics.

This is far afield from radio. I am retiring from this thread. Feel free to have the last word.

I'll take a bite on that last word.  As it relates to radio broadcasting, you have to skew your presentation in a direction that you know will work best for you.  Hence the reason why I will go the CHR, Rock and Rap route should this LPFM dream work out for me.  My hometown has enough of the same old slow and boring radio stations.  Want to bring something we don't already have.  I'm with Mr. Bruce and Lamont on this one.  If you reach a vibrant Youth audience, success will be your best friend.  Been learning so much, since I started working on this project many years ago.  I believe I have one chance to get this right.  If I go the very upbeat route, I believe this radio station will do very well.  Playing the slower tunes is a great idea too but I just don't see that working too well in a market where Hip-Hop, Top 40 and Rock are kings of our radio dial.  I'll let the NPR's, Moody's and WLBF's of the world take care of the slower musical need.  Me personally, I want to play songs that no one else will dare touch.  Want to take a risk and run with it.  Tired of listening to the same old boring, bland, stuffy and stodgy stuff on our radio dial anyway.  Want to bring something fresh, exciting and awesome to this community.  Want to be like WAY FM but a local version of it. 

R.D.P. <><

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom