• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best Christian station

Toss up KSBJ's NGEN format, and Z88's HOT 95.9 and 106.3 The Rock.

eddiepritchett said:
What's your favorite Christian station???? Klove is the best.

It really isn't a "station" by definition. They definitely have a very "polished" sound.

Ooh, I want to play along too.

WRNF from Selma
WLBF from Montgomery
K-Love's newest affiliate from Montgomery
WDJC Birmingham
Redeemer Radio Olivebridge New York
...And My own music collection.

R.D.P. <><

Family Radio
(Love the music but despise their doctrinal stances)
(Glad my area of Alabama is still without them)

American Family Radio
(Liked them when they did music)
(Now I find them boring and bland)

R.D.P. <><

R.D.P. said:
Family Radio (Love the music but despise their doctrinal stances) (Glad my area of Alabama is still without them)
American Family Radio (Loved them when they did music but they now bore me) (Still have them in my preset, although I hardly ever tune in to them)

R.D.P. <><

I agree with both of them. Afr and family life.

Best: Air 1, K-Love, Way-FM, The Joy-FM Tampa Bay, WMHK Columbia, SC. Also, this one's really had my attention lately -- http://classicchristian247.com/

Worst: Candle 88.1 in Austin, TX (sounds like someone hooked up a mono Realistic cassette player to a transmitter), The Fish Atlanta (too much talk, too many commercials, music mix is so-so), AFR (useless now without music), His Radio in NC/SC (music mix is poor) and BBN (yawn, just yawn).

rbrucecarter5 said:
Toss up KSBJ's NGEN format, and Z88's HOT 95.9 and 106.3 The Rock.

I forgot on the best list - KVRK http://www.897powerfm.com/

There are a handful of other real Christian rock stations around the country. Good for them!

Lukewarm stuff - 99% of the CCM on the air. Yawn.

The worst - Moody, AFR, BBN any Christian talk, especially KJV only, or anti-CCM.

Best:

Denver WayFM
Portland WayFM
Nashville WayFM

I also like what the folks at Shine.Fm near Chicago are doing.

Z88.3 is great too.

Worst:

Any station that is stuck in the 70s... music/talk/preaching don't mix.. You gotta focus on one core.. Can't be "everything to everyone"

Shameless biased:

I also like what I am doing with my internet radio station -- It's Christian CHR with a dose of Rock and Hip hop.

My thoughts exactly, on the stuck comment.

Still working on my own project as I type this.

Was going to do a block format (CCM, Southern Gospel, and Hymns) but I may leave idea alone for good.

It would cause too much confusion anyway and people would wonder who am I trying to target.

My music library would be so big, I wouldn't have the room to store all that music.

Since WLBF in Montgomery, Moody and AFR already cater to the mature adults, it would be best for me to target the younger crowd.

Will do all things CCM, should it work out. (With a heavy lean towards Rock and Hip-Hop)

R.D.P. <><

R.D.P. said:
Since WLBF in Montgomery, Moody and AFR already cater to the mature adults, it would be best for me to target the younger crowd.

Will do all things CCM, should it work out. (With a heavy lean towards Rock and Hip-Hop)

R.D.P. <><

I don't know who they cater to. I would classify myself as a mature adult, and they have nothing of any interest to me. I also classify myself as a mature believer. They still have nothing of any interest to me. I may be 58, but it is Christian hip-hop and Christian rock for me all the way. None of that lukewarm stuff - real Christian rock and hip-hop. I want to spew that lukewarm stuff out of my mouth.

I forgot about Southern gospel - that stuff grates on my nerves after a song or two. I put up with a movie about it last year, but that is because I know Keke Palmer. Wouldn't have watched it otherwise.
I guess "Stomp" was a crossover song several years ago, we had it on our playlist. But other than the occasional crossover that sounds like it belongs on a hip-hop or rock format - I'll leave Southern gospel for somebody else to program. Somebody that knows and loves the format.

I personally don't have a problem with stations doing more traditional music formats as long as they don't try to use it as a platform to preach against other Christian music styles, like BBN and a lot of the KJV Only stations do. I may not listen to them, but I realize they're reaching a different audience than the CCM stations.

I'll give Moody and AFR (Who is actually more AC CCM now) credit for going for older audiences  without tearing down CCM that is geared toward younger audiences. (Something I wish BBN would learn to do  ::) ) I get the impression that they aren't anti-CCM, but think that it's not their calling to reach younger audiences. AFR's CCM network was never that good, and I don't think that Moody would even know how to do a real CCM format, so I don't expect them to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom