• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Worst songs on country radio

They're tearing the resataurant down anyway, but I wish my second day there had been as nice and peaceful as the first. Of course they never did get my order right. The rist day I ate more than I wanted but at least the cost was right. I was very specific about my order the next time and I still got charge the same amount, even though I ate considerably less. They knew what I wanted last year.

Okay, having said that, I heard the station ID, which never happened before in this restaurant. "The Highway".

The worst song had lyrics which I thought included the words "Boot scoot". I don't think this was right and I don't remember what it finally turned out to be.

^^^ That sounds like the song named "Done" from The Band Perry.

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. That is actually the only song from them that I care for.

James Otto Sweet Heart said:
^^^ That sounds like the song named "Done" from The Band Perry.

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. That is actually the only song from them that I care for.
I heard them once on a classic country station. I am "done" with them. Fortunately, that station decided to dump those programs that included new songs.

I may have mentioned this one before, but there was another song about a Redneck Romeo that was pretty bad.

Alan.. Ha! ;D I think some of the northerners who like country thinks it's a Star Trek tribute... Chew-Ta-Baka... Chew-Ta-Baka... CHEWIE!

Randy Houser's "Runnin Outta Moonlight". It's a good song, but it's been played ENOUGH! KMPS plays it, I swear, 8 times a day. And they are another of the 300-song big city stations anyways.

-crainbebo

crainbebo said:
Randy Houser's "Runnin Outta Moonlight". It's a good song, but it's been played ENOUGH! KMPS plays it, I swear, 8 times a day. And they are another of the 300-song big city stations anyways.

It's the #1 song this week. Any song that goes #1 is getting played minimum 6 times a day, so I'm not surprised a station is playing it more. In a couple weeks, it'll drop down to once a day. But I promise you there are a lot of people in the audience who are just hearing it for the first time, and still don't know who sings it.

I can't remember the lyrics now. It was something like "Can't live witout you". The vocalist was female.

Another female vocalist sings, "Bye bye bye bye."

Both really bad songs.

^^^ That "Bye Bye" song was done 15 years ago and Jo Dee Messina is who sings it. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

skippertthomas said:
Alan.. Ha! ;D I think some of the northerners who like country thinks it's a Star Trek tribute... Chew-Ta-Baka... Chew-Ta-Baka... CHEWIE!

Boys Round Here by Blake Shelton. There's two different mixes of the song, where the "red red red red red redneck" is normal, and the "red red red red red red redneck" is done by several different artists. Sometimes KMPS plays the normal version, and sometimes it's the "Celebrity" version. And it's country RAP anyways!! Why does Blake have to rap this song?

-crainbebo

crainbebo said:
Why does Blake have to rap this song?

That's how it was written. Blame the writers.

I hate to be the musicologist, but Charlie Daniels raps in Devil Went Down to Georgia. Jimmy Dean raps in Big Bad John. Lots of heritage in country rap. It pre-dates urban rap.

James Otto Sweet Heart said:
^^^ That "Bye Bye" song was done 15 years ago and Jo Dee Messina is who sings it. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
Sounds more like Carrie Underwood.

I was under the impression Jo Dee Mesina did better music.

I think this was one of those speical shows with just new music.

>>George W. Bush? He's NOT a natural Texan. Not even close. He's from Kennebunkport

New Haven CT actually
Wiki: The eldest son of Barbara and George H. W. Bush, he was born in New Haven, Connecticut. After graduating from Yale University in 1968 and Harvard Business School in 1975, Bush worked in oil businesses.

scott salvatori said:
yep, but when them boys like CD, and JD, rap, there aint no sign, nor intention of hipster street thug "urban rap".

No turntable "scratching" on those songs, either. Turntable scratching is another thing I don't want to hear in a country song.

I'd like to keep rap out of my heavy metal too, but that's another subject.

Well not too sound like an "old fart", but I think virtually every song on modern country stations is trash. I do like "Eastin Corbin" though.

I'm actually in my teens.

To me, the worst song on country radio right now is the new one from Luke Bryan. "This Is My Kind Of Night" may be the name of it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

"That's My Kind of Night." Seriously, who would put in their "country hip hop mixtape" in their truck?! If you are a country boy, you like STEEL GUITARS and FIDDLES, not T-Pain and Lil Wayne. Give me a break Luke!

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom