• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WMEX?

It appears "Sandy" is not taking any more calls, it's 2:49 and she hasn't taken one call this hour...so far no mention of where she'll be next week. RR stated this morning that "some people" got severance pay, they did not, IMO that's not right, what makes "some people" better than others? They've been with the station for 2 years just like everyone else...actually "Sandy" I think has only been there about a year. RR is coming on again at 3 until 6. Here we go: 2:59 - The station has been sold and new owners have not revealed what they have planned, station is going dark today - she's not sure where she will be - she has multiple options, she doesn't know where she will go, but, she will post it on twitter and her FB page. Thanking everyone. Ends show by saying....Good bye.

RR stated this morning that "some people" got severance pay, they did not, IMO that's not right, what makes "some people" better than others?

Likely contractual.

Sandy waited until the last minute of her show to announce that it was her last show and that she was looking at several options. Also, she said that the new owners had not decided on a format. She was gracious, as always. Hopefully she will be on the air again, and soon.

I'm sure this was all an inside joke....and good natured.

I have heard her mention (on and off air to others) how nice everyone is at the station, and the people at the station couldn't be nicer, more understanding and supportive.

I think the "AM drive" vs "PM drive" rivalry is all for show.

Of course she'd say everyone is so nice, doesn't mean she was talking about RR - she was a$$ kissing Mary and Henry and "Sandy" Shack is her friend - RR doesn't hold back, they can't stand her, I doubt the "rivalry" was "for show".

Was half listening as I recorded..did a couple F bombs get through? Will have to hear back.Crappy music etc and this is how a heritage station may be going away, unless they are finding a buyer.
Maybe this is the 2017 version of the WHDH 850 toilet flush.

Kind of sad listening to this go away.

Yeah, like your doctor telling you your cancer went away.

Was half listening as I recorded..did a couple F bombs get through?

On their stream, yes. Is the stream indicative of what is actually broadcast (e.g. if they dump something on-air, perhaps it isn't dumped from the stream).

she was a$$ kissing Mary and Henry and "Sandy" Shack is her friend

If you know McPhee...she doesn't ass-kiss anyone.

RR doesn't hold back

They don't hold back, they let their idiocy show every time they open their mouths.

RR crew is buffoon radio. You're going to take anything they say seriously?

Kind of sad listening to this go away.

Yeah, like your doctor telling you your cancer went away.

Now that made me seriously LOL!

Last edited:
To Former: Yeah they off the air. Usually I can pick them up at night in Central Connecticut. Hearing nothing but static on 1510 tonite.

Static here in NH just after 8:00 PM Eastern.

Has anyone seen an application /STA for being dark filed?

Maybe the new owners are going to do it .....

Speaking of which has anyone seen a license application for the new owners?

Maybe the new owners are going to do it .....

Speaking of which has anyone seen a license application for the new owners?[/QUOTE]

To paraphrase coach Jim Mora:

New owners? ....you kidding me ...new owners? Don't talk to me about new owners.

I do have a co worker who likes Renegade Radio, but keep in mind as they said from the beginning it's a comedy show, not hard news..some may not find it funny of course.Did listen to an hr of it from Mon. show, podcast, to see what they had to say about station's future.Not all that into it.
The likes of Renegade and Kuhner can boast about being carried elsewhere, or plans to...so a tiny station in Calif runs some of their bits. Not same thing.

Have heard the webstream soon went into reruns of Renegade show but (am out of town this week) as far as I know the signal is gone from 1510 and maybe soon someone will use it as home for a pirate station.(Though FM seems to be preferred these days) Perhaps after a time, the license will be deleted--no word of a "new owner" despite what they say.

I do have a co worker who likes Renegade Radio, but keep in mind as they said from the beginning it's a comedy show, not hard news..some may not find it funny of course.

Perhaps it is a generational thing. I used to love Howard Stern when I was in my 20's. I rigged an antenna on the roof of the building I was working in at the time (an old dorm on the westerly side of a hill) and ran it down to my office so I could pick up WNBC. I remember listening firsthand to the "Bestiality Dial-A-Date" segments and laughing my ass off.

I guess what passes for comedy today eludes me. For my birthday, my wife and I went to the CBS Scene in Foxboro for their comedy night New Year's Eve -- her idea, she's a "millennial" while I'm technically a "boomer", and several of her friends highly recommended it. While the acts were entertaining, I simply didn't have the gut-busting laughs I used to as a young whipper-snapper.

You have addressed the US Stations, would you care to comment on the Canadian factor? Even though CJRS in Quebec has been dark for over 20 years, the Canadians are not going to give up treaty protections.

Look at WJIB AM, they are flea power at night due to a station in Toronto that has to be protected by treaty.

The last time the North American Regional Broadcasting Agreement was modified was almost 30 years ago to give us the 1600 to 1700 frequency allocations, and the last time the Canadian treaty was visited was 1984.

https://transition.fcc.gov/ib/sand/agree/files/can-bc/can-am.pdf

An east-southeast pattern from the 890 site for WMEX would seem to protect all US and Canadian issues and get more of the Boston market in front of the pattern.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom