• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Whole lot changes in South Mississippi

103.7 KHJK is currently a 100kW station just east of Houston. It used to be a small 15kW station just north of Houston and made the upgrade sometime in the mid 2000s.

Why is WLIN moving to 103.7?
Moves like this are often to enable one station to upgrade and/or move COL. To do this, several other stations may have to make changes in power, antenna or location.

Last edited:
Is this related to or coordinated with any other change at other stations?
This is part of the chain of moves initiated by iHeart to move 103.7 WFFX from Hattieburg to New Orleans.

I heart has been looking for years to move 103.7 to New Orleans, it was going to move city of license from Houma,Louisiana to Gonzales as it would move the home market from New Orleans to Baton Rouge with both being heard in New Orleans pre hurricane.
I heart has been selling off some towers and apparently the I heart/cumulus rebuild of the tower didn't go thru (figuring the site will be sold to a home developer or agriculture soon).
But technically 104.1 couldn't stay in the New Orleans market as it currently is, as its short spaced to KWMZ 104.5 just 20 something miles away . By moving 104.1 to Baton Rouge proper and moving in 103.7, there would be no short spacing I'm aware of.
Speculation is 103.7 will be brought in and take over 104.1s format , moving 104.1 to possibly become WJBO FM in Baton Rouge.

Back
Top Bottom