• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WEZW-FM Sold to EMF

It hasn't been sold yet but they are selling it to them. I think many people believe this is a good thing since it will "reach more people to Christ'. I think most people who don't consider themselves Christians won't really listen to it because they will believe that it is boring and not fun and that it all sounds the same.

It hasn't been sold yet but they are selling it to them. I think many people believe this is a good thing since it will "reach more people to Christ'. I think most people who don't consider themselves Christians won't really listen to it because they will believe that it is boring and not fun and that it all sounds the same.
And there are also some Christians (like me), who just aren't that into KLove or Air1. I like some CCM, but I'd rather hear the be-boppin, rockin' oldies and jingles on 93.1!

Listening on the WMID stream, thought I noticed the quick "WEZW Wildwood Crest" gone from the TOH ID. Just WCMC Wildwood. So far, haven't heard any other mentions of 93.1. Did EMF take over?

Well, if this isn't indication enough, as of today (11/20), 93.1 no longer appears on the WMID website. And I can confirm that also as of this morning, 93.1 is silent, which either means the sale to EMF has happened or is planning to occur very soon.

Pretty soon the whole FM radio dial nationwide is going to sound like rural Georgia.
Naaah, you're wrong. It will sound like rural (and urban) South Carolina. 😀

We just lost three local stations to EMF, one of which (Earth FM WRTH) was live, local and engaged virtually around the clock. A lot of memory presets were cleared on Oct. 29. At last count, I could get more than 15 positively encouraging, preaching religious stations on my car radio. And I didn't even try to check the HD channels. Will people listen? Probably. But even in South Carolina, that's cutting the pie up into mighty thin slivers.

Back
Top Bottom