• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBMX calls transferred?

It depends where you are and when you tune in, as lately they've been in flux.Info on 103.3 and 104.1 correct.

Stations like BUR and UMB just have an HD1 signal

101.7 HD2 is now Evolution, 100.7 HD2 now RKO, 107.9 HD2 now WBZ newsradio

I don't have an HD radio with AM.The HD radio site lists 1430 as Mia, music in Spanish, which ended in July of 15.But as said above, WBZ now the only AM station using HD. You get splatter on an ordinary radio though awhile back it must have been turned off as I could get KDKA with minimal splatter, not unable to be heard.

It depends where you are and when you tune in, as lately they've been in flux.Info on 103.3 and 104.1 correct.

Stations like BUR and UMB just have an HD1 signal

I don't have an HD radio with AM.The HD radio site lists 1430 as Mia, music in Spanish, which ended in July of 15.But as said above, WBZ now the only AM station using HD. You get splatter on an ordinary radio though awhile back it must have been turned off as I could get KDKA with minimal splatter, not unable to be heard.

I have AM HD radios. 1430 shut off their HD shortly after the Spanish music format ended.

WBZ shuts off their HD every afternoon at sunset, so you wouldn't hear HD splatter from them at night when KDKA may skip up here. I think I had read a while back that KDKA was the reason for WBZ shutting off their HD at sunset, when they were both co-owned by CBS they didn't want WBZ HD splatter interfering with KDKA at night in some areas.

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post, as I just joined after years of lurking around here. I must first say that I am not a professional in the radio community, but rather just a fan of radio. With that said, onto the topic at hand.

I personally believed that the writing was on the wall for the automated WBCN once WBZ-FM was taken over by Beasley. As someone who literally shed a tear over the fall of WBCN at 104.1, and again for the WZLX HD-3 Free Form version, I found the WBZ HD-2 feed to be a rehash of what I can basically find on the 90s Alternative and Current Alternative channels on satellite radio. I'm still sad to see it go, but it makes sense that Beasley would discontinue it with them owning WBOS. We can all have our pipe dreams, but progress means that some things end. WBCN was a huge part of my youth, teens, and twenties going near into my thirties; but, it's gone. Time to move on. I'd be interested to see what the ultimate plan is for WBZ HD-2. My guess would be full time CBS Sports Radio, as I am with the understanding that WBZ-FM is keeping the affiliation.
Welcome!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom