• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Uptempo

KDM 7000 said:
The only thing more silly than writing a lot in an open forum is complaining about the amount written in an open forum,....

Actually, I would be willing to bet the majority here feel you ramble on way too much and bring questionable points to the table. To say that music is now boring since the "Aaliyah / Timbaland style" has vanished is absurd! Timbaland is the one who switched up the style with Uptempo Anthems like "Sexyback" and "The Way I Are." Even though I like some of his 90s stuff, I find it boring in comparison to todays trends.

JohnParker said:
Of course he wasn't but that wasn't the point. ;) The point was that radio has been using the term "Uptempo" to describe what we call dance music for decades. It's not a new concept.

Never said that it was... ;) However,no one used it in the last 20 years or so. It's the Buzzword like Tony Santiago has said because posters like me and KDM,and others have you used it constantly in the last year. I'm glad someone is listening. ;D

DJ_Perry said:
KDM 7000 said:
The only thing more silly than writing a lot in an open forum is complaining about the amount written in an open forum,....

Timbaland is the one who switched up the style with Uptempo Anthems like "Sexyback" and "The Way I Are." 

I know. I've been saying that Timbaland and Missy changed the sound of music (twice) in history for about a few years now. They may have brought back the uptempo sound, but that still doesn't stop the current slow beat productions from being boring, which I've heard numerous people (other than myself) complain about... I don't think there are many who can think about it then genuinely believe that today's slower hip hop and r&b productions are more advanced, creative, and fun than they was about 10+ years ago.

DJ_Perry said:
KDM 7000 said:

Actually, I would be willing to bet the majority here feel you ramble on way too much and bring questionable points to the table. 

I think this was the whole purpose behind the invention and design of an open online forum. I also think my statements would be even more questionable if I didn't explain them then had to come back and clarify or answer multiple questions about it later. I figure, if I'm likely to have to explain it later anyway, then I might as well do it from the get go. Same amount of writing either way, but done much faster all at once in one "large lump sum".

Morpheux said:
Never said that it was... ;) However,no one used it in the last 20 years or so. It's the Buzzword like Tony Santiago has said because posters like me and KDM,and others have you used it constantly in the last year. I'm glad someone is listening. ;D

I've been around radio guys for the last 30 years and there hasn't been a time that I can remember that they haven't used the term to describe it. So, again, it's nothing new.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom