• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

This is why stations should kill oldies

gr8oldies said:
Wasn't WHIO-FM still number one (or close to it) it's very last book?

My data shows it was an 80's station since at least '02 and had a 1.8 averge for 2006.

Sorry, David..I meant the original WHIO-FM (now WHKO) on 99.1 which was BM thru 1989. The current WHIO-FM is a news/talk simulcast with WHIO AM.

fang39 said:
yorkie9 said:
But, I agree - the overwhelming attitude is that oldies is the kiss of death. Killing off the name "oldies" is a good start, but it's not enough.

That's also the reason GM did away with the "Oldsmobile." Isn't that ridiculous? Next thing you know, they'll try to petition having the word "old" removed from the dictionary!
Those weren't Oldsmobiles. Those were made from 1955 until about 1973. My favorites were made in the early 60s.

Sounds like my taste in music too.

Those weren't Oldsmobiles. Those were made from 1955 until about 1973. My favorites were made in the early 60s. well said...73 was probably the last great year for Olds, particularly the cutlass..having owned well over 200 cars in my 57 years..several were Olds CutlasS/442's..along with GTOS,Chevelles, Cameros etc.Everyone that knows anything automotive understands real cars have the motor sitting in the engine bay like God and GM intended..not sideways..........o BTW..i now drive a 92 Geo Metro..life is sometimes very painful.. :'(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom