• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Things Which Annoy You

Scott Fybush said:
bobdavcav said:
Ok so I'll repost this now that the disappearing posts problem is fixed. I don't quite understand though why they had to delete a bunch of posts instead of take the boards offline until everything was synced up. Anyway, if Scott Fybush reads this section, he can take care of this one. A notice went up on tophour.com in November of 2012 saying to check back in December because they would soon be accepting contributions from readers. It is June 2013 and still no update to that message.

Toppy's been rather low on my priority list this year, unfortunately, thanks to some very serious family health issues that consumed most of the beginning of 2013. I know that's not the answer you're looking for, and I understand if it's annoying, but I assure you it's way less annoying than spending a month and a half with a hospitalized spouse, two little kids and no stable employment, which is what most of this year has been like. Maybe later this year...
Thanks Scott. Btw, did you get the Rapid City and other random stuff I sent you almost a year ago?

My wife and I have always loved going to Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Walt Disney World. Well, boys and girls, Disneyland and California Adventure have raised admission prices yet again! Prices have gone up every year since 1984 when Michael Eisner took over the company. And what great timing this year---right before summer vacation starts. Adult admission to either park is now $92. Admission for a child age 3-9 is $86. Parking went up another dollar and is now $16. How many more years before admission reaches $100? How can large families afford to go? Add in the price of food and some souvenirs and a day at Disneyland can easily cost $1000. I have a suspicion that the employees in the ticket booths are now singing "Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me." :(

jfrancispastirchak said:
Yeziknoradio said:
This site was annoying me for a while, but it's hopefully fixed now...

...which would make you happy, which means you've just posted on the wrong thread. :D

Actually that is both incorrect and correct.
At time of posting I was not fully secure in believing the board is now fixed.
That's why I said "hopefully".
but you are correct, I should have added to the sentence by saying "Hopefully it's fixed now so I can post on the "Things that make you happy" thread. (or something like that... 8) )

Yeziknoradio said:
jfrancispastirchak said:
Yeziknoradio said:
This site was annoying me for a while, but it's hopefully fixed now...
...which would make you happy, which means you've just posted on the wrong thread. :D
Actually that is both incorrect and correct.
At time of posting I was not fully secure in believing the board is now fixed. That's why I said "hopefully".
but you are correct, I should have added to the sentence by saying "Hopefully it's fixed now so I can post on the "Things that make you happy" thread. (or something like that... 8) )
I'm not convinced it is "fixed". Just this morning I accidentally clicked on a "locked" sight, and this mouse running in a squirrel cage popped up on the screen. Talk about annoying...

When the bike lock has been stolen but not the bike? Yup! My friend has a very nice bike. I guess someone out there just wanted him to be aware that his lock is easy to break(or steal), but no desire to actually steal the bike.
No sign of the lock though. Weird!!!

I think I would be more annoyed if my bike got stolen. Speaking of weird things happening with bikes, a student at my now former high school got the back tire on his bike stolen, one of my friends saw it and commented on it. What was even weirder was I found out a couple weeks later that his dad had done it as a joke. I'm not sure if he was planning an April Fools joke or what. If that was the case, it was the wrong time of the year, we're always on spring break that week.

Here are a couple more of mine,
1. Radio stations that can't keep the schedule on their website up to date. Case in point, KCDD. Schedule reads as follows, 5A-10A Kidd Cradic (not sure if I spelled that right) 10A-3P, Power Midday, no jock listed. Apparently they had Rick Dease in this slot until I guess he retired, since Cumulus doesn't carry him on any of their stations anymore. There's no jock listed on that site, but they had a lady in when I listened on Wednesday. 3P-7P, Power Afternoon, Wikipedia says Leo on the radio. 7P-11P, the national show that Cumulus runs on all CHR stations. Also, they don't list the mix show on Saturday nights. Another annoying one is KKMG. They're fine weekdays, but all they say is Today's Best Music all weekend, no mention of the hip-hop program or any other programming they run on weekends on the website, and it seems the schedule on TuneIn is out of date.
2. I'm pretty sure this is a common one among blind people like myself, after a sighted person has left the computer and the blind person needs to use it again, they find the sound has been muted.

bobdavcav said:
Here are a couple more of mine,
1. Radio stations that can't keep the schedule on their website up to date.

If this were facebook I'd click "like" for everything you just wrote.
I have to agree.
A website is like an ad for the radio station. If the information is not current, it's lacking the max. potential to get people to click  "listen live".
If the listen live option is not available, it's still reducing desire for local listeners to turn their radio on, or at least tune into to that particular station.

MarcB said:
People who don't use turn signals. I almost plowed into the back of a car Friday Night that was just stopped in the middle of Wolcott Street because he was just waiting for traffic to clear in the other direction to make a left turn.

Strange enough, the REAL annoying fact is that a crash might still be your fault for not being ready to stop at any one given time, regardless of the reason. Even if the real fact is that that person should have signaled in the first place.

True enough.

I have however come very near a crash because someone coming in my direction from the other side of a four-way stop didn't signal their left turn. I guess they figured that because my turn signals weren't on either, I was obviously going to turn left too...

Clueless people.

Friday June 7th Connecticut got hit by what was left of Tropical Storm Andrea. As is the case whenever it rains I was stuck working at Shoprite rounding up the shopping carts in the parking lot.

Anyway a woman in her 20s walks by as I'm pushing a train of shopping carts and she says to me "I stepped in a puddle and ruined my $100 sandals. I'm suing Shoprite. I'm going to the courthouse to file the lawsuit right now."

Point #1: Why would you spend $100 on a pair of sandals?

Point #2: Who told you it was a good idea to wear your $100 sandals in blinding, blowing rain?

Point #3: I'm not too familiar with the court system in Connecticut, but I'm pretty sure you can't just go to the courthouse and announce that you plan on suing Shoprite.

Point #4: Personally I would like to see this case on Judge Judy. She would have a field day with her.

MarcB said:
Clueless people.
Point #4: Personally I would like to see this case on Judge Judy. She would have a field day with her.

If not, people's court will do. It's fun watching either one of them yell "GET OUT!!" :D

When Mountain Dew decides to compete with themselves.
On the Canadian side there used to be a law that prevented select beverages from having any caffeine.
That law is gone. Out the window.
Now Mountain Dew has Caffeine, even though AMP citrus is also being made by the same company.
I think if they were smart, they'd go back to no caffeine in MD and remind the MD drinker that when they want a
REAL "Do the Dew" feeling, they want AMP!!!

I want my Caffeine free Mountain Dew back!!! :'(

Yeziknoradio said:
When Mountain Dew decides to compete with themselves.
On the Canadian side there used to be a law that prevented select beverages from having any caffeine.
That law is gone. Out the window.
Now Mountain Dew has Caffeine, even though AMP citrus is also being made by the same company.
I think if they were smart, they'd go back to no caffeine in MD and remind the MD drinker that when they want a
REAL "Do the Dew" feeling, they want AMP!!!

I want my Caffeine "free" Mountain Dew back!!! :'(

I'll drink anything if it's "free".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom