• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Streaming shows to OTA or cable

Bojack Horseman aired reruns briefly on Comedy Central.

Fuller House has been aired in reruns on GAC Family (Great American Family now) since February of this year and airs right after the original Full House block.

I can see other shows being reran on cable just to keep cable going for as long as they can when they don't have News or Sports.

As far as local stations I don't see them airing reruns but who knows if they run out of broadcast shoes to air then they may switch it up.

Usually it's about 5 seasons or 100 episodes to air in syndication but this year the local channels will air The Neighborhood (which only has 83 episodes so far) and for weekends 9-1-1 and the Good Doctor which 9-1-1 has around 70 some episodes and the good doctor may be closer to the 100 mark.

Because he did it four years ago.
Then why did the source I read get aired again?

I do remember the big flap about the FLDS but it was mostly about girls escaping and the men of the cult chasing them down. The stories I read/heard did not address the marriage issue.

Then why did the source I read get aired again?

I do remember the big flap about the FLDS but it was mostly about girls escaping and the men of the cult chasing them down. The stories I read/heard did not address the marriage issue.
Do you remember the source?

If it was any kind of social media, people re-posting stories that are old happens fairly frequently. Annette Funicello has died at least three times, according to my Facebook feed. They read the headline, don't check the date, post and then several other people do the same.

A friend of mine who's usually pretty diligent about checking the date re-posted Sean Connery's death several months after he'd died. My response: "Damn. That's the second time that's happened to Sean this year."

Forced marriages of underage girls were a major component of the stories I did for KTVK about the FLDS and Colorado City in the 1990s. And those of Mike Watkiss, who took that coverage to a level I couldn't have envisioned. Sorry you missed those stories (especially Watkiss').

Here's a story that pulls it all into focus, from the Deseret News in Salt Lake City, following a raid that liberated several young girls:

Last edited:
Was the last post in the wrong thread?
Well, it was a reply to Landtuna's post, which went down this line on the previous page when someone mentioned the hours of local TV newscasts as a sign of a lack of syndicated programming.

That prompted Landtuna to agree, noting that despite hours to cover it, his local TV stations did not cover Governor Ducey of Arizona signing a bill that sets a minimum age for marriage in the state---a story Landtuna had seen online.

BigA pointed out that was likely because Governor Ducey had signed the bill in 2018, and.....well, here we are.

Do you remember the source? Not exactly but it was a reliable source. I don't read the rumor/gossip stuff. The only social site I visit is Facebook because it's the best way to keep up with my military/high school/retired co-workers.

Forced marriages of underage girls were a major component of the stories I did for KTVK about the FLDS and Colorado City in the 1990s. And those of Mike Watkiss, who took that coverage to a level I couldn't have envisioned. Sorry you missed those stories (especially Watkiss'). I've seen Watkiss and he appears to do a good job. I don't watch TV3 much so haven't seen him lately. They were much better before the merge with KPHO and Grey.

Here's a story that pulls it all into focus, from the Deseret News in Salt Lake City, following a raid that liberated several young girls:

Not one of my news sources.

If it was on Facebook, it's because someone you knew posted an old story---as I said, it's pretty common.

Watkiss retired four years ago, has written a book and has rekindled his acting career:

I didn't figure the Deseret News would be one of your sources, Tuna. I posted it because it fills in the blanks about underage marriages that you said your sources didn't cover.

Well, it was a reply to Landtuna's post, which went down this line on the previous page when someone mentioned the hours of local TV newscasts as a sign of a lack of syndicated programming.

That prompted Landtuna to agree, noting that despite hours to cover it, his local TV stations did not cover Governor Ducey of Arizona signing a bill that sets a minimum age for marriage in the state---a story Landtuna had seen online.

BigA pointed out that was likely because Governor Ducey had signed the bill in 2018, and.....well, here we are.
What I wrote was this:

"For instance, I just read today a story online about our useless governor signing into law making the legal marriage age 16. Do you think I've ever seen anything about that on the networks or Faux? Not a word. However we are fully informed about every stabbing, car crash and house fire in the whole metro area." Fox10 is the best example of this kind of news in the Valley.

I did not see anything saying the stations did not report it. I said, in so many words, I'd never seen anything about it in their newscasts. I do watch some local news most every day but I switch around frequently so if it was on one of the stations I wasn't watching that particular day I might have missed it. State politics do not tend to lead our local news. Or, I could have just forgotten this specific story but I do remember the greater FLDS stories and was outraged that our authorities didn't just burn down that town.

As for Ducey, he is what you get when you elect a former ice cream king and Republican. Fortunately he'll be gone in a short time.

I agree that coverage of the Queen's passing, which is a legitimate global news story, should have been scaled back after the first few hours in the USA. There are important stories, local, regional, national and worldwide, that are not getting coverage because we're still wall-to-wall on the Queen, may she Rest In Peace.

I know what FLDS is. My point to Big A was that the child marriage bill was going through the Legislature prior to the apparent collapse of the FLDS control over the government and people of Colorado City, Arizona. While polygamy is illegal in and of itself it the state of Arizona, a law establishing a minimum age for marriage could also give authorities one more tool, should they have needed it.
I agree with both your points.

What I should have added was AZ should have exported that entire cult to Idaho. Our nation's major nut case.

michael hagerty said:

If it was on Facebook, it's because someone you knew posted an old story---as I said, it's pretty common.

landtuna said:

As I said, I don't go to FB to read the news.
-------------------------------------------------------

Tuna, neither do I. But if one of my friends posts a news story to their Facebook page, it shows up in my feed. I see it anyway. there are 11 news stories in my Facebook feed, every one of them posted by a Facebook friend, in the past 24 hours. That is by far the most likely way for a four-year old story to surface.

They show up the same way as the baby pictures of the grandkids do, just with headlines. And for me to find out if the story about Lauren Boebert being under investigation for alleged misuse of campaign funds is breaking news, I have to click it open.

Turns out it's from June 8. And so it goes.

Last edited:
Depends on the deal. If a producer of a show signs an exclusive to Amazon or Netflix, it stays for the length of the deal. One of the problems the TV networks have is they usually only get a few plays of a show before the rights revert to the producer. But I get the sense that because the streaming channels are also investors in their shows, and own a piece, they get to say how long the show stays on that platform. But ultimately the rights will revert to the producers and they'll want to keep milking the value of that show. So they'll seek out other places, to reach different audiences, and make even more money. Once again, depending on the deal, if a streaming channel has syndication rights, they could be the ones to take those shows to other places. That way they get paid by their competitors. I could easily see Amazon selling DVDs of their shows. That makes lots of sense.
Amazon selling DVD's of shows that sounds like if it was in the 2000's fine but in this decade probably not likely.

If Amazon is syndicating their Prime Video shows it's most likely going to FreeVee TV app.

Case and point the Bosch series it's on two outlets Amazon Prime and Freevee TV apps.

michael hagerty said:

landtuna said:

As I said, I don't go to FB to read the news.
-------------------------------------------------------

Tuna, neither do I. But if one of my friends posts a news story to their Facebook page, it shows up in my feed. I see it anyway. there are 11 news stories in my Facebook feed, every one of them posted by a Facebook friend, in the past 24 hours. That is by far the most likely way for a four-year old story to surface.

They show up the same way as the baby pictures of the grandkids do, just with headlines. And for me to find out if the story about Lauren Boebert being under investigation for alleged misuse of campaign funds is breaking news, I have to click it open.

Turns out it's from June 8. And so it goes.
The only friends I have on FB are family and friends. No news feeds and very few politics. At my age mostly funeral notices. 😢

The story was covered, and you missed it. That's on you.
There is no national law that says I am responsible to read most of the malarkey that passes for 'news' these days. I usually pass by stories that don't directly affect me.

Amazon selling DVD's of shows that sounds like if it was in the 2000's fine but in this decade probably not likely.

If Amazon is syndicating their Prime Video shows it's most likely going to FreeVee TV app.

Case and point the Bosch series it's on two outlets Amazon Prime and Freevee TV apps.

Freevee is owned by Amazon. It’s the former IMDB channel. And there are two distinct series. BOSCH is on Amazon Prime. BOSCH LEGACY is the continuation. It airs on Freevee and, unlike BOSCH, has commercial interruptions.

There is no national law that says I am responsible to read most of the malarkey that passes for 'news' these days.

That's exactly right. Not your fault. But it's not the media's job to make you pay attention either. You snooze, you lose.

Bottom line is they did their job, covered and reported the story. You missed it. Don't blame them.

That's exactly right. Not your fault. But it's not the media's job to make you pay attention either. You snooze, you lose.

Bottom line is they did their job, covered and reported the story. You missed it. Don't blame them.
Like I said before, TV 'news' today is nothing more than incomplete headlines or it's a tease to view at a later time and all of them are flush with commercials so it's kind of like watching a Cronkite 15 minute evening news segment. If I watch the national news at all it is on Youtube where the endless medicine commercials are redacted.

Did I also say I'm so damned tired of the network's fluff piece at the end of each show?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom