• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Processing in Louisiana

I assume it's KKST Aand KRRV at -10dBc HD injection? Their digital coverage is equal to their analog coverage. I get dropouts on KQID even where there's a decent analog signal, especially down south. It could also be due to some interference from KVPI and KNSH-LP?

And thanks for sharing! Any idea if HD is coming to KZMZ?

So what's the translators running?
Basically the group if I remember has 4 major stations, 1 translator fed from HD2 stations, and 2 fed from their AM transmitters (plus their AM transmitters).
So basically 7 stations on FM if I remember.

93.1 KQID
94.7 KDBS translator
96.9 KZMZ
98.7 KKST
100.3 KRRV
100.9 Magic 100.9 Soft AC (KQID HD2)
104.9 KSYL translator

I assume it's KKST Aand KRRV at -10dBc HD injection? Their digital coverage is equal to their analog coverage. I get dropouts on KQID even where there's a decent analog signal, especially down south. It could also be due to some interference from KVPI and KNSH-LP?

And thanks for sharing! Any idea if HD is coming to KZMZ?
I'm not sure of their plans for KZMZ, but it is likely to go HD once the transmitter is upgraded in the near future. They are heavy proponents of HD radio
So what's the translators running?
Basically the group if I remember has 4 major stations, 1 translator fed from HD2 stations, and 2 fed from their AM transmitters (plus their AM transmitters).
So basically 7 stations on FM if I remember.

93.1 KQID
94.7 KDBS translator
96.9 KZMZ
98.7 KKST
100.3 KRRV
100.9 Magic 100.9 Soft AC (KQID HD2)
104.9 KSYL translator
That looks right. Interestingly the translators, as far as I'm aware, are fed via the OTA HD signals from the full power FMs. They each have a nautel transmitter with the built in Orban card for processing.

Back
Top Bottom