• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking For Internet Soft AC Streams

It's still there. :) I decided to modify the station Facebook page URL from "online" to "radio", then realized that the former URL would not redirect to the new one. Live and learn, lol. Our Facebook URL is now facebook.com/lite99radio

btw, we added an additional URL, so listeners can access our broadcast directly, rather than go through the station website. The new listen URL is lite99live.com. The listen link URL remains on the lite99radio.com website as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I used to have a workaround to access the Live365 stations on media players and my wi-fi radios here at home, but evidently Live365 has closed that loophole because now I receive error messsages whenever I tune into those stations via those applications/devices. Live365 wants their stations accessed only via their website and mobile apps so you can see the visual ads, not just hear the audio ones. :(

When I initially started listening to streams, I would search through various radio directories and download various media files and make playlists of them in iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. so I wouldn't have to listen through my browser, which can tend to be sluggish at times. In addition to the media files, I had an old version of iTunes, which had a listing of various radio streams from around the web.

I upgraded to iTunes 11 several months ago and discovered that they've ditched the stream listing and have gone to the Pandora, etc. style, where listeners can personalize their streams by giving like/dislike feedback of songs and can skip songs they hate. It seems to me that's the direction that streaming is going.

AmazingLiteMusic.com is going to start airing a morning specialty show and an afternoon specialty show beginning Monday, May 18.

AmazingLiteMusic.com is going to start airing a morning specialty show and an afternoon specialty show beginning Monday, May 18.

Finally gotten a chance to hear the specialty shows. The morning show is similar to many over-the-air Soft AC/AC morning shows - more chatter than music. The afternoon show is similar to John Tesh's show.

Let’s pretend Sirius XM has competition, and that the other satellite radio service uses ridiculous names.

These formats are surely somewhere online but probably not with these names.

Get Off My Lawn is pure standards, or something close. No swing instrumentals or rock and roll (the imaginary satellite service has these in other formats). Mostly vocals, both older and newer, and a few easy listening instrumentals. Also groups such as The Lettermen, The Platters, The Ray Conniff Singers and The Four Lads and crossover country such as Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Ray Charles and that one song by Ray Price.

Hip Replacement has two meanings. Not only what listeners might do, but also the change in their musical taste as they get older. They replace the hip music they used to like with bland and boring. I don’t know what Movin’ Easy on Sirius sounded like, but maybe something like that. Or WDUV Tampa when they still played The Carpenters but not Sinatra. Softer tunes would be played from as far back as the 50s. Other artists would be John Denver, Neil Diamond, Kenny Rogers, Anne Murray, Glen Campbell and Bread, and there would be softer Elvis and Bee Gees.

Barry Manilow and Barbra Streisand are in both formats. The more AC-sounding songs are in the more AC-sounding format, and the jazz songs are in the more jazz-sounding format.

I'll add this one to the list of new traditional soft AC stations, or "Easy AC" stations as I like to refer to them, reflecting the hybrid nature of the format (easy listening and adult contemporary).

BirminghamOcean.com
I looked this one up. I didn't see The Carpenters listed. So I'm not sure it would qualify as Hip Replacement. Barry Manilow is good, but we can't assume Karen is there too if she's not on the list.

I looked this one up. I didn't see The Carpenters listed. So I'm not sure it would qualify as Hip Replacement. Barry Manilow is good, but we can't assume Karen is there too if she's not on the list.

Hip replacement?

Hip replacement?
My description.
Let’s pretend Sirius XM has competition, and that the other satellite radio service uses ridiculous names.

These formats are surely somewhere online but probably not with these names.

Get Off My Lawn is pure standards, or something close. No swing instrumentals or rock and roll (the imaginary satellite service has these in other formats). Mostly vocals, both older and newer, and a few easy listening instrumentals. Also groups such as The Lettermen, The Platters, The Ray Conniff Singers and The Four Lads and crossover country such as Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Ray Charles and that one song by Ray Price.

Hip Replacement has two meanings. Not only what listeners might do, but also the change in their musical taste as they get older. They replace the hip music they used to like with bland and boring. I don’t know what Movin’ Easy on Sirius sounded like, but maybe something like that. Or WDUV Tampa when they still played The Carpenters but not Sinatra. Softer tunes would be played from as far back as the 50s. Other artists would be John Denver, Neil Diamond, Kenny Rogers, Anne Murray, Glen Campbell and Bread, and there would be softer Elvis and Bee Gees.

Barry Manilow and Barbra Streisand are in both formats. The more AC-sounding songs are in the more AC-sounding format, and the jazz songs are in the more jazz-sounding format.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom