• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRON to get the CW affiliation?

I'm looking at KRON 4 tv schedule and they still have MNT (My Network TV) program, but at late night around 1am. I'm surprised KICU didn't picked up the MNT schedule since MNT is owned and operated by FOX.
After all these many years I'm still trying to get over the fact that KRON "the Big 4 in San Francisco" isn't the NBC affiliate in the Bay Area, and that KNTV isn't simply the ABC affiliate for Salinas-Monterey-Santa Cruz. But just call me old fashioned...

Nexstar issues a press release specific to KRON in relation to the CW affiliation.

After all these many years I'm still trying to get over the fact that KRON "the Big 4 in San Francisco" isn't the NBC affiliate in the Bay Area, and that KNTV isn't simply the ABC affiliate for Salinas-Monterey-Santa Cruz. But just call me old fashioned...
Wanted to make an additional comment. Way back in the day we referred to ch 4 as "K-RON". Not "cron-tv" as used today on the station. Yes, some things just don't go away.

Wanted to make an additional comment. Way back in the day we referred to ch 4 as "K-RON". Not "cron-tv" as used today on the station. Yes, some things just don't go away.

I politely disagree. Channel 4 was originally owned by the San Francisco Chronicle (hence the call letters) and they always referred to it on the air as "Chron 4".

I politely disagree. Channel 4 was originally owned by the San Francisco Chronicle (hence the call letters) and they always referred to it on the air as "Chron 4".
You're absolutely right ! I was only referring to a lot of people I knew in the bay area who would jokingly refer to the station as "K-RON just like K-DON and K-TOM in Salinas and K-TIM in San Rafael.

Back
Top Bottom