• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KMIY Heading To AC Shift With First Time Christmas Music Move?

<...> Country can't really do any worse can it?
Big stick ~ big signal.

Does it equal big ratings?

Check in about the time it's hitting 105° or so, and we'll see if it was worth it in the end. 🤓

Fair enough to an extent. I don't think 6 months is a window for success or failure of a format/station. And this is a long dusty road for 92.9 (Coyote?)and Why not when it hits 99 (.5)?

Also a couple random thoughts Not aimed at anyone...rather talk amongst ourselves - Why is it always assumed that if you change formats you have to take the other one out or it's a failure. Of course you want that to happen as the new guy but If KIIM is say 2nd and BULL would wind up 5th is that a fail because KIIM wasn't toppled? is that a hold over from the top 40 battles

I know a lot of people disdain iHeart is a business and they can change a format if they think it will be better ratings and revenue. Again not defending or trashing, just back up and look through a business lens vs. us rabid radio guys demented minds, if you owned it wouldn't you do the same thing? Piped in format or not?
Maybe I'm getgting soft in my latter years... 🙂

I think it has to do with the way iHeart promoted the upcoming format change. During the stunting they announced they were "building a brand new radio station for Tucson". A frequency swap of an existing station is hardly new, let alone brand new. False advertising in my opinion.
Nothing illegal about it, though. Just a tease to get people curious, kind of like the IHOP/IHOB hype, speculation and disappointment a few years back.

I think it has to do with the way iHeart promoted the upcoming format change. During the stunting they announced they were "building a brand new radio station for Tucson". A frequency swap of an existing station is hardly new, let alone brand new. False advertising in my opinion.
Have to agree. In August 2019 when 101.7/830 KDRI 'stunted' before debuting it was at least to introduce something fairly new and different to the local airwaves.

Well the continuous Christmas music has finally ended at “My 92.9.” KMIY-FM is now stunting with what appears to be continuous music about “America.” I heard “American Woman” by the Guess Who, followed by “American Honky Tonk Bar Association” by Garth Brooks, followed by “Small Town USA” by Justin Moore, followed by “American Girl” by Everclear followed by “America” by Simon and Garfunkel and then “Only in America” by Brooks & Dunn. It seems to be very country heavy so I thought at first it was stunting toward country, but that makes zero sense with KIIM 99.5 being the country leader in Tucson. Maybe a Jack-FM type format? Not too sure what is going on at My 92.9! Thoughts?
And the tolmachevy sisters hit make America great again got too much airplay. It’s now trashy country

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom