• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Diginet shuffle

As of now, The 365 and Outlaw have flipped channels. Outlaw is now on 43.2 and The 365 is on 19.4. The labels, which were fixed yesterday, have reverted back as well. Can we please make up our minds and stop confusing viewers?

As of now, The 365 and Outlaw have flipped channels. Outlaw is now on 43.2 and The 365 is on 19.4. The labels, which were fixed yesterday, have reverted back as well. Can we please make up our minds and stop confusing viewers?
The "Cleveland TV Revolving Door" isn't just limited to on-air personalities, it seems.

Let him know that The Nest (reality) is available and a similar diginet to the old Twist. Unless someone in the market already picked up The Nest, which we may find out January 1.
Looks like your wish will come true. Rabbitears is now showing The Nest coming soon to WKYC 3.5, though their website does not yet confirm this.

I contacted Rewind TV about affiliating on WKYC 3.5, but never heard back from them. If they do, it will likely be on a .8 sub. WJW is clearly not interested in Rewind TV, even though both are owned by Nexstar, and I doubt that WBNX wants to carry a Nexstar network on 55.6.

WBNX 55.6 is back up with the label Binge. No programming at the moment, just a blank screen. The channel must be hidden at the moment, as only my DVR is seeing it, which probably doesn't take hidden channels into consideration.

WBNX 55.6 is back up with the label Binge. No programming at the moment, just a blank screen. The channel must be hidden at the moment, as only my DVR is seeing it, which probably doesn't take hidden channels into consideration.
55.6 (Binge TV) was on the air today. Only mentioned currently on the station websites "networks" link. I found it today as I rescanned for my weekly "Is Channel 13 ever going to reach Parma?" check-in.

55.6 (Binge TV) was on the air today. Only mentioned currently on the station websites "networks" link. I found it today as I rescanned for my weekly "Is Channel 13 ever going to reach Parma?" check-in.
RF 13 is a lost cause in the greater Cleveland area. Even if Bridge News files to improve its coverage, there would be little improvement due to it being shoehorned between other stations that also broadcast on RF 13. On top of that, W13DS-D recently filed to move their RF 13 broadcast southeast of Chardon, and once approved, the two stations have a noticeable overlap on Cleveland's east side.

It wouldn't be surprising if Bridge News re-locates WIVX-LD back to the Akron area or further south to maximize coverage. Maybe they could hop all the way down to Columbus as there is nothing in that area on RF 13.

New subchannel alert, and it it's bad! Nosey, a streaming network consisting of Jerry Springer, Maury, Steve Wilkos, misc. court and reality shows is set to launch on WKYC 3.8. Yuk! I'll be deleting this one off of all my TVs.

New subchannel alert, and it it's bad! Nosey, a streaming network consisting of Jerry Springer, Maury, Steve Wilkos, misc. court and reality shows is set to launch on WKYC 3.8. Yuk! I'll be deleting this one off of all my TVs.
What...you don't want to watch cousins throwing chairs at each other to see whether or not they're not the father?

Why don't they just come right out and call it "The Moron Channel".
**Done in the announcer voice of Ernie "Ghoulardi" Anderson**

"Tonight at 7 on the Jerry Springer Show, Britney confronts her boyfriend Bobby about his cheating ways, but her cousin Bethany adds a new twist to the situation...all tonight on the Moron Channel"

Also WDLI has cable coverage, and Scripps is looking to expand the reach of Scripps News
Scripps News is already available on multiple streaming platforms. All we get from this change is expanded cable coverage and a HD broadcast of the network over the air. I suspect this will also happen in a few other markets as well, where Bounce is carried on a former TBN station that was signed into a channel sharing agreement with the local ION O&O station, only to be later bought by ION.

Scripps News is already available on multiple streaming platforms. All we get from this change is expanded cable coverage and a HD broadcast of the network over the air. I suspect this will also happen in a few other markets as well, where Bounce is carried on a former TBN station that was signed into a channel sharing agreement with the local ION O&O station, only to be later bought by ION.
Many viewers don't care about streaming so getting Scripps on cable and/or in HD over the air is an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom