• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Coverage of Queen Elizabeth funeral

Monday September 19 will be the day of Queen Elizabeth's funeral. What American channels will cover the event? Will they cover the full day of events or just certain ceremonies?
In case you're wondering in the UK of the big OTA networks the BBC and ITV will cover the entire ceremony, Channel 4 will not but will instead air royal-themed documentaries, and Channel 5 will air children's programming instead.

Looking in my OTA guide all times central

PBS shows from 2-10am
CBS from 4:30-8
ABC from 4-11
NBC from 4:30-11
FOX from 4:30-8

I’m sure all the news channels will have it

PBS shows from 2-10am
ABC from 4-11

If the times on the BBC website are correct, that means CBS and Fox will just cover the funeral and procession to Windsor Castle. ABC and NBC would cover the committal service also.

Look up the times of the various events and activities that day. If your local channels aren't covering them, log onto the internet and stream the BBC or handful of other European agencies that most definitely will be.

London is currently 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time in the US.

serenade-radio.com joined other UK radio stations in a minute of silence just now. I don't know how often that happens because i just listen on Sunday.

PBS shows from 2-10am
ABC from 4-11

I imagine EVEN the morning newscasts have been exiled to the .2's, dupoly channels (Unless either or both is/are a Fox affiliate), apps & streaming services like NewsOn & Tubi

Have been watching ITV's feed on YouTube all morning. Understated commentary and no advertising, perfect.
Watched the BBC feed via PBS. The same experience, understated and ad-free.

A random musing: There's only one letter that separates "royal regality" from "royal reality."

I watched the BBC coverage from 2 AM PST until end... about 9 hours total. I have to say that this was the best television, both in terms of production and the narrative, that I have ever seen.

They did some of the most marvelous and dramatic photography, and the content was magnificent. They even got cameos of two of the Queen's corgi's and her most recent favorite horse.

I watched the BBC coverage from 2 AM PST until end... about 9 hours total. I have to say that this was the best television, both in terms of production and the narrative, that I have ever seen.

They did some of the most marvelous and dramatic photography, and the content was magnificent. They even got cameos of two of the Queen's corgi's and her most recent favorite horse.
Was the BBC providing the world feed?

Was the BBC providing the world feed?
I did not compare, but I understand the BBC provided video to all the channels and each did their own narrative and selection of camera shots.

Interesting analysis of the Queen's funeral, and how the use of live TV coverage has changed during her lifetime:

Yes that is true when Queen Elizabeth was crowned in 1953 it was at the time the must see event on British Television. It was a reflection of post World War II when she was crowned and Winston Churchill was in the Prime Ministers office.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom