• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas Music

@Kelly A I don't get it.

Yes, what he did to women behind the scenes was wrong, and he deserved to be punished for it, but that shouldn't detract from his accomplishments as an actor and comedian. Yet, it's like everything that he was ever involved with has been cancelled, and it's a taboo to even mention his name.

c

Remarkable that people don’t care for people who drug and rape women.

We don’t as humans compartmentalize the atrocious, horrific acts and say, yeah, but they tipped their delivery guy really well at Christmastime. At least many of us don’t. What I see when I see his face is someone who raped multiple people and then set his lawyers and publicity hacks loose to destroy their lives when he knew damn well what he did. So would I want to watch his sitcom knowing that’s what he is? Hell no.

Ah, my plan worked perfectly!
Evidently it did!

Other than his performance on I Spy, I've never really cared for his style anyway.

@AbrahamJSimpson You make an excellent point.

However, Phil Spector, for a somewhat relevant example, was also pretty ugly and atrocious behind the scenes (especially later in life), and he even ended up killing someone, but the public at large still regards highly his "Wall of Sound" and numerous other contributions to the music industry. Apparently people sometimes can compartmentalize these things?

Nevertheless, I have said what I said.

c

Since Baby, It’s Cold Outside was brought up, how do any of you feel about it or Winter Wonderland being played on the radio after Christmas? Neither one really mentions anything about Christmas. It is cold outside and is a winter wonderland in many parts of the country right now. I would play them if I programmed an AC station—as long as it’s cold outside.

Since Baby, It’s Cold Outside was brought up, how do any of you feel about it or Winter Wonderland being played on the radio after Christmas?
I'm personally offended at any Christmas music being played after January 1. If a radio station plays it, they should lose their license. ;)
Neither one really mentions anything about Christmas. It is cold outside and is a winter wonderland in many parts of the country right now. I would play them if I programmed an AC station—as long as it’s cold outside.
In my vehicle, there's this row of buttons on the infotainment system which I always have the option to press, should a song that doesn't appeal to me get played. Same on older 'radios' too, except those buttons are mechanical.

I finally took mine down yesterday. My neighbors across the street did so the day before.

Busy happens.
Didn‘t get to mine last weekend due to family obligations. Snow on the way this weekend. Screw it, they can stay out til Valentine‘s. Several of us clustered near each other still have them up, and still turn them on. Some brightness in the otherwise gray pile of suckitude that is January.

I've seen more Christmas decorations still up later this year. There are some people who run them for a week or more into January, and some people don't take them down until they have time off and the weather is better, so it may still be a while considering the current conditions most places. But it looks like they could at least shut them off. And then there are the people who leave their lights up all year and just unplug them. I think that was the idea behind one of Jeff Foxworthy's You might be a redneck jokes. :ROFLMAO:

I was burned out of Christmas music back in November!

I like to save it for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, because that's when listening to the majority of it seems most right to me (not that listening earlier isn't, exactly; it's just me).

c
I have a fiend the is Greek Orthodox, and his parents still do Christmas Jan 5th like their Grandparents did. You add in the twelve days, is still Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom