• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bruce Jenner Comes Out As Transgender

Here Come the Inevitable Caitlyn Jenner Halloween Costumes

What’s more surprising, that there are websites selling Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costumes, or the fact that more people didn’t see this coming?

A few websites are selling an outfit inspired by the former athlete’s Vanity Fair cover, while a major Halloween retailer says it too has a Jenner costume on the way—and that it’s meant to celebrate the reality star and transgender icon, not make fun of her.

“Caitlyn Jenner has proven to be the most important real-life superhero of the year,” Trisha Lombardo, a representative for Spirit Halloween, told the New York Daily News. “Spirit Halloween is proud to carry the costume that celebrates her.”

Activists, however, say the use of a schlubby male model on various other sites suggests the costume is being marketed as a way to make fun of transgender people, with the “joke” being that Caitlyn Jenner, previously known to the world as Bruce Jenner, is “really” a man despite identifying as otherwise.

http://time.com/4008714/caitlyn-jenner-halloween-costumes/

Caitlyn Jenner to battle Matt Lauer on the golf course

Caitlyn Jenner plans to take on “Today” host Matt Lauer for 18 holes next week in what promises to be an interesting interview.

The former Olympic gold-medalist will speak to Lauer on the golf course on Sept. 9 and 10.

Jenner will open up to Lauer about her transgender journey, the criticism she received over her ESPY Award in July, her dating life and her role in a Malibu car accident in February that left one person dead.

http://www.thewrap.com/caitlyn-jenner-to-battle-matt-lauer-on-golf-course/

I call BS on this! Anytime the car behind collides with the car in front someone is to blame and should be charged. This particular collision resulted in the death of another driver and wrecked two vehicles besides the one Jenner was driving. Someone got away with murder here.

Caitlyn Jenner is One of Glamour's Women of the Year

Caitlyn Jenner, Reese Witherspoon, Misty Copeland and five women touched by the South Carolina church massacre and lauded in the aftermath as "The Peacemakers of Charleston" are among this year's honorees as Glamour magazine's Women of the Year.

Victoria Beckham, billionaire entrepreneur Elizabeth Holmes, Planned Parenthoood's Cecile Richards and the women's FIFA soccer Team USA round out the Class of 2015, announced Thursday. They will be honored at a gala on Nov. 9 at Carnegie Hall.

The honorees announcement came just a few days after word of Jenner's inclusion leaked, prompting a backlash on social media with criticism of her inclusion as a transgender woman of wealth and privilege. Some apparently thought Jenner was THE woman of the year, as opposed to one of many.

"Where there is hateful chatter on Twitter, there is just as much, if not more, love and support. We prefer to focus on the positive," Jenner said through a spokesman ahead of the announcement.

Cindi Leive, Glamour's editor-in-chief, said in an interview that criticism of Jenner's inclusion "certainly gives you an appreciation for the hostility to the trans community that still exists out there." The awards, she said, are intended to honor diversity among women leaders and trailblazers who are as "diverse as the population of women in this world."

"We're proud of that and we're proud of what Caitlyn Jenner has done to illuminate what so many in the trans community go through," Leive added.

Actress Laverne Cox, also a trans woman, was among last year's honorees.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6745304/glamour-caitlyn-jenner-jennifer-hudson-ellie-goulding

Caitlyn Jenner: Replace Ricky Gervais As Golden Globes Host

Asked to comment on Ricky Gervais’s Golden Globes jokes about her, Jenner said, “I think what I’m gonna do is call the Golden Globes and see if they need a new host for next year.” At the Globes, returning host Gervais said, “I’ve changed,” but not as much as Jenner. “What a year she’s had. She became a role model for trans people everywhere, showing great bravery in breaking down barriers and destroying stereotypes” – except about women drivers, Gervais snarked.

https://deadline.com/2016/01/caitly...es-host-take-i-am-cait-global-tca-1201682906/

Caitlyn Jenner Lands First Major Makeup Campaign With MAC Cosmetics

Yes, yes, yes and more yes.

After last year's speculation, MAC Cosmetics announced on Friday that Caitlyn Jenner is partnering up with the company to sell a signature lipstick shade called Finally Free. In a press release, the brand stresses that Jenner's product "champions all ages, all races and all sexes."

Unlike some celebrity makeup collaborations, Jenner's lipstick is here to make a change, and not only in beauty wardrobes. Hitting MAC's core values with their AIDS fund, 100 percent of the money from purchases will go towards the fund's Transgender Initiative, a cause that will hopefully help lead the charge in more social justice and acceptance for and of transgender lives.

In an exclusive interview with MAC, Jenner discusses the meaning behind the lipstick's name, Finally Free, which is a common phrase she uses to refer to herself. Additionally, she explains why she chose the elegant pink color, telling MAC, "I wanted a lipstick that would be universal, suited to more people, and was an everyday lipstick, not just a high-glam, once-in-a-while kind of lipstick."

Deeper in the conversation, Jenner speaks further about the initiative and gets real about beauty and the women that inspire here.

Jenner's lipstick, which retails at $17, will be sold exclusively online beginning April 7.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/caitlyn-jenner-mac-lipstick_us_56d0bfe3e4b03260bf76db7f?

56d0c5ea1e00002100702e60.jpg

Caitlyn Jenner Joining Cast Of Amazon’s ‘Transparent’

Caitlyn Jenner is joining the cast of Amazon’s Transparent, and will begin filming scenes next week, says creator and executive producer Jill Soloway. The casting was announced by Soloway in an interview with the AP at Saturday’s GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles.

“We are all part of the same community,” Soloway told the AP. “A lot of the transwomen who work on our show are also in her show I am Cait,” Soloway said. “Lots of crossover. Lots of friends.” Soloway wouldn’t disclose information about Jenner’s character, who’ll appear on the upcoming third season of the streaming series.

E’s I Am Cait tied with TLC’s I Am Jazz as Outstanding Reality Program at Saturday’s GLAADs. Transparent, which stars Jeffrey Tambor as the transgender Maura Pfefferman, was named Outstanding Comedy Series.

https://deadline.com/2016/04/caitlyn-jenner-cast-amazon-transparent-1201731291/

Caitlyn Jenner to pose nude for SI, according to US Weekly?

According to a report from US Weekly, Caitlyn Jenner “will appear on a summer cover of Sports Illustrated wearing “nothing but an American flag and her Olympic medal.” There’s been no confirmation or denial from SI as of yet as multiple organizations including Awful Announcing have reached out seeking comment. This would certainly be an interesting choice, though, and one that would provoke a lot of comment and debate.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/caitlyn-jenner-to-pose-nude-for-si-according-to-us-weekly.html

There's a major controversy going on in North Carolina, and among the comments I have seen is the question of where Caitlyn would use the restroom here.

It seems obvious that she has gone through the whole process and would use the ladies'.

Caitlyn Jenner Experienced ‘Sex Change Regret,’ Might De-Transition, Biographer Says

Caitlyn Jenner, who announced her transition from man to woman last year, has considered de-transitioning, the author of a new book about the Kardashian family told TheWrap on Wednesday.

Ian Halperin, the author of “Kardashian Dynasty: The Controversial Rise of America’s Royal Family,” said that, while researching his book, multiple sources told him that the former Olympian had been miserable for months and has considered transitioning back to a man.

“One source confirmed to me Caitlyn has made whispers of ‘sex change regret,’ hinting she might go back to being Bruce Jenner,” Halperin said.

Halperin said that one long-time friend told him that, while Jenner was “thrilled” to champion transgender issues, the reality TV personality could de-transition “in the next couple years.”

http://www.thewrap.com/caitlyn-jenn...e-regret-might-de-transition-biographer-says/

Am I remembering this correctly? Lenny on "The Simpsons" couldn't figure out the signs on the restroom doors. He couldn't go in either one because someone screamed regardless of which door he tried.

That's what I'm picturing happening to Bruce/Caitlyn.

'I Am Cait' Canceled By E! As Caitlyn Jenner Back On 'Kardashians'

There will be no third season for I Am Cait its star Caitlyn Jenner revealed today online. The documentary series starring the former Bruce Jenner as she embraced her life as a women debuted to big ratings of 2.73 million on July 26, 2015 but soon fell off with a March 26, 2016 premiering second season seeing less that 500,000 total viewers for some episodes.

Looking to move back to a role on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Jenner made the announcement on Twitter on Tuesday:

After 2 amazing seasons of @IAmCait, it's time for the next adventure. Thank you E! & thank you to the best girlfriends I could ask for!

With the numbers way down, the future for Bunim/Murray Productions’ I Am Cait had looked uncertain after its second season ended on April 24 but no official word from either Jenner or E! was forthcoming until today.

https://deadline.com/2016/08/caitly...eled-keeping-up-with-kardashans-e-1201804380/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom