• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bruce Jenner Comes Out As Transgender

That's true, but then he became one of THEM, meaning he maried into that family, and it was only a matter of time.

This vaguely resembles an old Benny Hill sketch in which BH played a James Bondian spy:

Gorgeous woman: "Are you one of US?"
Secret Agent Benny: "Why? Do you think I'm one of THEM?"
Gorgeous woman: "No, I thought you might be one of THOSE!"

Has "she" come out as a straight woman, a lesbian or bi?

"Chaz" (Chastity) Bono, child of Sonny and Cher, was a lesbian before her reassignment surgery. Apparently, her lesbian partner "changed teams" for him.

Bruce Jenner announces she's now Caitlyn Jenner in Vanity Fair

In April, Bruce Jenner came out as transgender during a sit-down interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC's "20/20." In May, the 65-year-old shared the intimate and often difficult conversations she had with her family surrounding her transition with TV audiences on a "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" special. Now, Jenner is ready to introduce Caitlyn, which is how Jenner has been referring to her hitherto unseen female self, to the world.

In a photo shoot shot by Annie Leibovitz, the former Olympian appears on the cover of Vanity Fair and inside the magazine pages, Jenner opens up about her female identity.

And fans eager to see Jenner's new life, can tune in to an eight-part docuseries, which premieres July 26, at 9 p.m. on E!

www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/01/c...m_content=FullStory&ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

Caitlyn Jenner to be Honored with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at The 2015 ESPYS on ABC July 15

Almost 40 years ago, Bruce Jenner’s Olympic success came as a result of strengthening both his mind and body leading to his status as one of the world’s greatest athletes, but the decision to publicly come out as a transgender woman took a different kind of courage and acceptance of one’s self. To celebrate that bravery, ESPN today (6/1) announced that Jenner will be presented with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at The 2015 ESPYS Presented by Capital One. Presented annually to individuals whose contributions transcend sports, the Arthur Ashe Courage Award is the pinnacle of the sports celebration, which will be televised Wednesday, July 15, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC from Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE.

http://sportsmedianews.com/caitlyn-...urage-award-at-the-2015-espys-on-abc-july-15/

And Wikipedia now calls her Caitlyn. And because of a bizarre policy I disagree with but probably can't get them to change, everything she ever did was done by her.

But HE competed.

I think that's a key issue. Athletics separate male and female competition because of physical differences in the male and female body. As long as Caitlyn operated through a male body, he/she competed as a male, and it would have been unfair to other females to put him/her in their category.

The difference is physical sex, not gender. She competed because her gender, which is strictly internal in the brain, has always been female. She competed as a male because of her physical sex. That's why she's referred to by female pronouns regardless of what division she competed in.

You're missing the point: this was not something that anyone needed to be reporting on until Bruce Jenner said so. It doesn't matter if they wouldn't get the scoop or not, because that's not their place. They have no rightful business doing "original reporting" someone's personal life, even if they DID have an informant (which I doubt was Bruce to begin with), and the fact that they are doing so anyway means that they're going to do it again, and harm will come to one of their focuses of attention as a result. It's irresponsible, it's unethical, and it's going to put blood on their hands.

I think you're getting a bit dramatic here.

Oh how I wish Jenner and the Kardashians would take a summer cruise on The Poseidon!!

Caitlyn Jenner Fights Back Tears at ESPY Awards

In her first major TV appearance as a transgender woman since her interview with ABC’s Diane Sawyer in April, Caitlyn Jenner accepted the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPY Awards Wednesday, saying, “It’s not about me. It’s about all of us accepting one another.”

Abby Wambach, a member of the World Cup champion U.S. women’s soccer team, presented Jenner with the award. The crowd rose to its feet as she took the stage in a flowing white gown.

“I get it. You got to get the shoes, the hair, the makeup, the whole process, it was exhausting,” Jenner joked. “And next, the Fashion Police. Please be kind on me. I’m new at this.”

“All across this country, right now, all across the world, at this very moment, there are young people coming to terms with being transgender,” she continued. “They’re learning that they’re different and they’re trying to figure out how to handle that, on top of every other problem that a teenager has.”

http://www.thewrap.com/caitlyn-jenn...wards-its-not-about-me-its-about-all-of-us-1/

Caitlyn Jenner could face misdemeanor manslaughter charge in car crash

The police investigation into a deadly four-car accident involving Caitlyn Jenner is finished and the results could lead to a misdemeanor manslaughter charge against the reality television star, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's detective said Thursday.

Jenner was driving a black Cadillac SUV on February 7 that was the third vehicle involved in a multiple rear-end collision on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, police have said. Kimberly Howe, 69, was driving her Lexus when Jenner's SUV hit her car from behind, sending it into oncoming traffic where it was hit by another SUV.

She died at the scene, police said.

The 1976 Olympic decathlon champion released a statement after the accident: "My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident. It is a devastating tragedy, and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them."

A conviction for misdemeanor involuntary manslaughter can bring a sentence of up to one year in prison, Loyola law professor Stanley Goldman said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/entertainment/caitlyn-jenner-accident-investigation/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom