• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

107.9 Sacramento

The days of Radio billboards having any effect are long gone. Drivers are more likely looking at their phones...
I drive that route daily——and while I will see a couple of drivers with phones in their hands each day, most are watching the road. If they didn’t, the accident rate would be stratospheric.

And if you were right, then it wouldn’t be just radio billboards. No billboard would have any effect. Yet there’s still a business selling space.

This had better be false, or I may never drive on an interstate again!
Have you seen the size of the video screens in vehicles lately? It's like a small TV set. Drivers are more distracted than ever before. The odds of a billboard getting remembered seem very small...

Have you seen the size of the video screens in vehicles lately? It's like a small TV set. Drivers are more distracted than ever before. The odds of a billboard getting remembered seem very small...
The average age of a vehicle on the road in the U.S. is 12 years. Most cars in use don’t have those screens.

I drive and review new cars, so I do drive cars with those screens. Again, if you’re looking at that instead of the road, it won’t end well.

Used properly, larger screens can allow you to see information (navigation/climate/audio) more clearly and quickly and make buttons for adjustments larger and easier to hit without taking eyes off the road.

I drive and review new cars, so I do drive cars with those screens. Again, if you’re looking at that instead of the road, it won’t end well.

Used properly, larger screens can allow you to see information (navigation/climate/audio) more clearly and quickly and make buttons for adjustments larger and easier to hit without taking eyes off the road.
Maybe, maybe not. More gadgets means more distractions. The driving habits are at an all time low. Running red lights, weaving, not using turn signals, etc... Add Road Rage and you've got battlefield conditions. Studies have shown that smartphones are as addictive as Crack. Attention spans continue to shrink...

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. More gadgets means more distractions. The driving habits are at an all time low. Running red lights, weaving, not using turn signals, etc... Add Road Rage and you've got battlefield conditions...
And again, I drive that stretch, 40 miles round trip daily and see relatively few distracted drivers and/or crashes. Your mileage may vary.

As for maybe, maybe not—I’ve given you the data. Texting while driving has been declining yearly for the last decade—in part because of “gadgets” that will read texts to you over the audio system speakers and (mostly) accurately allow you to dictate responses without taking your hands off the wheel or your eyes off the road.

Major news. The other shoe has dropped... You would think these guys would have filed earlier knowing what Sacramento would cause up north in the Valley.

Bustos Media has filed to move their K300AD Chico translator to channel 227.(93,3). The engineering paperwork says Bustos 107.9 is getting "clobbered"

Draft Copy « Licensing and Management System « FCC

Attachments

• K300AD_ChicoCA227D_Tech.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
There has been a Chico translator on 107.9 for years. I believe it rebroadcasts 107.5 Colusa. Not sure why Sacramento is causing interference now that is any different from KDND’s days. Although that was probably before Bustos bought the facility from Mapleton.

KZIS is using the exact same facility, including tower and antenna as before.

I am not sure if this related the proposed Bustos Chico move, but today KZAP Paradise filed to move to the KEGE antenna some 2km away from their current site. The new location will give +99% 70dBu area coverage over Paradise. The signal will improve around Chico and now bring the 60dbu over Oroville. Smart move.

Just because a licensee says there is an issue does not mean there is. I see lots of small lies on applications all the time. Look at how many file a license to cover and nothing was actually constructed,

They used the word market a lot but avoid the word marketing. Kiss has been the only radio station to market itself in the market over the last 6 months. Billboards, direct mail, digital ads, and a local cash contest (not the national cash contests when they first went on the air). Iheart will not keep that support going so the next 6 months will be the real tell on how much the market likes their music. I do not like it but I am very far from their target demo so my opinion does not matter. Congratulations to that team for their short term victory and maybe time will tell they have found a good niche in the market.

Well…it didn’t take long for the new car smell to wear off and KZIS to come back to earth. 4.0 to 2.2 since October

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom